Is this silkie show quality?

3clucks

Chirping
Jul 11, 2018
Central Florida
B3E96D69-902E-4DA1-BEF8-16087E744F37.png
7C7615EC-748F-4CB8-9F6F-A750B1B0FF14.jpeg

C9AED3A4-2F7C-4839-AF41-4F3C731DC203.jpeg

Hi there, I was at a poultry show this past weekend and noticed this silkie was for sale, I talked to the person who owned it and breeds silkies and they said they would be willing to sell it to me for $20, because they need to downsize their flock. Can anybody tell me if this would be a good show quality silkie or just a backyard pet, or if it is even worth the $20? (It is a hen about a year old)
As you can probably tell I am very new to this breed and don’t really know what to look for.

I show and exhibit show quality silkies and other breeds! That silkie isn’t terrible but wont do good in show! She needs a bigger fuller crest and better foot feathering, she needs to have 5 toes on each foot and a walnut comb! I also don’t think she is worth $20 bc mine were 25 and are proving themselves!

I show and exhibit show quality silkies and other breeds! That silkie isn’t terrible but wont do good in show! She needs a bigger fuller crest and better foot feathering, she needs to have 5 toes on each foot and a walnut comb! I also don’t think she is worth $20 bc mine were 25 and are proving themselves!
Have you posted here?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/submit-your-photos-standard-bred-chickens.1277248/
If you have several varieties, I would appreciate pictures :)

Back
Top Bottom