Is this what "shrink-wrapped" looks like?

Bahaha!! Sorry. It's something I picked up from an old parenting forum, maybe not popular everywhere. It's for son.. "Dear Son".. so you can say DH (dear hubby), DD (dear daughter), etc etc. As for me it's just the DH and the DS. Keepin' it simple. ;)

And whats DS?, honestly im only 23 pretty sad that i dont know these thing but never was into computers much
hmm.png
DS =Dear Son.

carcar80, how wonderful a surprise to come home and find 4 hatched.. are you going to put them in with singleton? can't wait to hear how the family reunion goes. and come baby ducks 2 more to go right?

Yes, I will transfer them soon I think. And you are correct, my total count is now five.. with two to go. One pipped, one not but lots of movement in the air cell. So if all goes well I will end up with seven. I will update on the family reunion. I will have to take away Pillow Mom to make room for everyone, but something tells me Solo won't mind. :)

So weird for them to hatch over such a long stretch. We had a 24-hr power outage two weeks in.. you wanna talk about STRESS!!? I spent a whole night near tears until hubby was able to get his hands on a generator at hour 12. Temp in the bator by that time was 65* and I walked around with eggs in my bra while getting ready for work in the dark that morning, LOL. It's a wonder ANY of them made it! The ones that I COULD detect movement in that morning were moving SOOOO slow. I was traumatized.

We now have our own generator.
smile.png

Last edited:
Yes, I will transfer them soon I think. And you are correct, my total count is now five.. with two to go. One pipped, one not but lots of movement in the air cell. So if all goes well I will end up with seven. I will update on the family reunion. I will have to take away Pillow Mom to make room for everyone, but something tells me Solo won't mind. :)

So weird for them to hatch over such a long stretch. We had a 24-hr power outage two weeks in.. you wanna talk about STRESS!!? I spent a whole night near tears until hubby was able to get his hands on a generator at hour 12. Temp in the bator by that time was 65* and I walked around with eggs in my bra while getting ready for work in the dark that morning, LOL. It's a wonder ANY of them made it!
Looking forward to pics of course.
wink.png
sounds like 7 tiny miracles..

Sure does. I remember now, there were only five I could see moving for certain.. those were the ones I put in my bra bc I couldn't fit them all. Boy that was a tough decision..

Sure does. I remember now, there were only five I could see moving for certain.. those were the ones I put in my bra bc I couldn't fit them all. Boy that was a tough decision..
I bet that was tough, how many ducks do ya'll have and are you keeping them all? seems I read you have a duck sitting too? what breeds?

Back
Top Bottom