Isabel silkie color...and the other colors that happens with buff lavenders...

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by Spongegirl, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Spongegirl

Spongegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    People have no idea what I am talking about when I mention the color Isabel.

With all the silkie people doing blue cream projects, using buff and lavender birds together, it seems like there would be Isabel colored chickens popping up and no one mentions them. Are people calling them gray instead?

What different colors are coming out of buff/lavender projects? Columbian, coronation, gray, black splits, weird colored mutt splits lol, Isabel, blue creams eventually...

Here is a picture of what I call Isabel...it is from a popular ebay seller with the egg marked buff/lavender. Am I wrong? Is this not Isabel?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  2. Spongegirl

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    Maybe I should have posted this somewhere else but it really didn't fit anywhere.

3. Quailgirlie

Quailgirlie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2012
    Binbrook, ontario
    I can't help with colour. Just wanted to say she's gorgeous!!!! Love that colour!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Spongegirl

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    Thank you! :) She is my favorite. I'm going to make lots of babies to share :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Spongegirl

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    [​IMG]

6. Quailgirlie

Quailgirlie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2012
    Binbrook, ontario
    Your silkies are amazing. I can't find any silkies of good quality (bad pet quality) around me, so I don't have any. I hope one day to have ones as gorgeous as your girls! !!

7. Spongegirl

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    Thank you! I would love to share my lines with Canada. Is it legal to ship eggs to Canada from the United States? I would love to try and get you some eggs when my breeders start laying. If its legal, that is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by