Silkie color genetics

Hi, can you explain what characteristics led you to this conclusion? The breeder I bought her from was sure she was grey, even after I said she looked very ‘partridgy’
Blue partridge is a very common color, so is Partridge.
20201019_140905.jpg

Grey as I explained in my original post, is either Silver Partridge, or Silver Columbian Silkie. But are more likely Silver Columbian on partridge base due to males having silver on their breast, instead of black.
20221129_122500.jpg

Blue partridge is a very common color, so is Partridge. View attachment 3699720
Grey as I explained in my original post, is either Silver Partridge, or Silver Columbian Silkie. But are more likely Silver Columbian on partridge base due to males having silver on their breast, instead of black.View attachment 3699721
So if she were blue partridge that would explain why she has all the orange leaking through correct?

So if she were blue partridge that would explain why she has all the orange leaking through correct?
It means she's gold based, not silver. A silver hen won't show any form of gold on her, cuz she can only be silver, or gold. But if you end up having a silver hen with red, or pink tone, then she's carrying Autosomal Red, which is a separate gene from gold, or MH(Mahogany/Red).

Back
Top Bottom