Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

I really don't know. All my eggs range from dark cream to light brown. Some have a pinkish hue.
Yeah I have heard the Speckled Sussex can be pinkish, but sometimes I get the odd pinkish or super light Australorp eggs from the bloom. Or sometimes they are pretty dark and I have to wonder if it's from an over-achieving Australorp? or an underachieving Welsummer.... 🤷
20230202_144836.jpg

There's three white/cream duck eggs on the left of each of these, so you can see the fourth egg on the bottom carton is super light and kinda looks pink, and maybe the bottom half of another egg in the top carton. If the SS eggs were basically all like that though, I think it would more or less be different enough.

Yeah I have heard the Speckled Sussex can be pinkish, but sometimes I get the odd pinkish or super light Australorp eggs from the bloom. Or sometimes they are pretty dark and I have to wonder if it's from an over-achieving Australorp? or an underachieving Welsummer.... 🤷View attachment 3394348
There's three white/cream duck eggs on the left of each of these, so you can see the fourth egg on the bottom carton is super light and kinda looks pink, and maybe the bottom half of another egg in the top carton. If the SS eggs were basically all like that though, I think it would more or less be different enough.
I honestly have no idea who lays what.

Back
Top Bottom