Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

We are covered up with them here. I was scouting in summer for deer and ran straight into a Sow and 2 piglets when they popped on to a game trail in some swampy thick growth. Nothing on me but my buck knife sheathed on my side. She literally ran right into me. The piglets immediately ran away. She was so startled it gave me enough time to draw my knife and I bashed her in her hard head about 2-3 times. She just froze and looked at me for a few seconds that seemed like a lot longer, then, turned and ran off.

I stood there crouched down in a fighting stance for awhile 🤣 freaking the beep out. Then, went back to the truck, home, and checked my pants.
I've gone up a tree several times.
Too bad that you didn't have a gun with you. I assume it's open season on them there.
Depending on the angle, a gun isn't always effective. I've heard of bullets coming off the areas they harden with tree sap when they are rubbing.

20230324_130446_1.gif

I missed it :hit

Too bad that you didn't have a gun with you. I assume it's open season on them there.
This was on a management area. There is an open season on them in the state. But, on this managed area you could only kill the hogs while hunting other game during that particular game open season.

I only bow hunt on it mostly. The public gun hunts are crazy with people. But, any time there is not a scheduled gun hunt you can bow hunt and basically have 1000’s of acres to yourself.

Back
Top Bottom