Isbar thread

I still think you have a splash. You need to wait to see how it feathers out, IMO
A little update pic on the splash or blue...it is so much lighter in color than my other two blue Roos, but it is not white. There are the odd darker and lighter feathers. I wish he photographed better as he is a beautiful light silver. Any thoughts now?

Attachments

• IMG_6670.JPG
    IMG_6670.JPG
    667.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6697.JPG
    IMG_6697.JPG
    595.4 KB · Views: 20
A little update pic on the splash or blue...it is so much lighter in color than my other two blue Roos, but it is not white. There are the odd darker and lighter feathers. I wish he photographed better as he is a beautiful light silver. Any thoughts now?

I would still defer to @cree57i but I may change my story to a blue. Pretty little bird!

I have a couple like that from the 2nd import. Light with darker scallops on feathers. Almost thought they might lean toward splash, but glad to hear "blue" as consensus. I feel like there was a lot more diversity in this 2nd group - not totally loving it as I am not entirely certain what to keep and breed for, and what to remove from the gene pool. I need to get out there and take some pics, but this one (purchased directly from gff) I happen to have a pic of is the lightest blue I've ever had, but with odd wing patterning and other interesting attributes...
20170710_102239_kindlephoto-206355644.jpg

Eta: maybe splash-ish...

I have a couple like that from the 2nd import. Light with darker scallops on feathers. Almost thought they might lean toward splash, but glad to hear "blue" as consensus. I feel like there was a lot more diversity in this 2nd group - not totally loving it as I am not entirely certain what to keep and breed for, and what to remove from the gene pool. I need to get out there and take some pics, but this one (purchased directly from gff) I happen to have a pic of is the lightest blue I've ever had, but with odd wing patterning and other interesting attributes...
View attachment 1074956
Eta: maybe splash-ish...
Cree57i and livhatcher, I think blue too. Is a very light silver blue looked down upon in SB? Orrpeople, she is pretty. This is the closest I have seen to the color mine is on another SB, but mine doesn't have the dark tips at the point. Breeder claims her lines are 1st import. I sadly ended up with 3 cockerels out of 4 chicks. So, I guess I will need to acquire more to increase my hens. Oh, darn!

I ship from the airport in the evening. I ship eggs most of the year. I dont ship chicks from June until Sept unless the weather is right. I really love the birds and HATE whe one dies, esp. if it is my fault! When it gets this hot, fertility usually takes a hit too. You have to think about that. The boys just want to lay in the shade and girl watch rather than make babies.

I like the metallic sheen. In the early 1st imports, there was a metallic sheen to some of the feathers. I dont see that so much now.
My black has less of a sheen. If I were grading her based on the way floors are finished, I'd say she was a satin more than a semi-gloss lol. But, she's GORGEOUS & the delicate lacing on her neck is worth the price of admission.

Also @cree57i i totally agree on shipping. I want DESPERATELY to order more eggs, but settled for a run in English orp eggs early this morning from a local who has gorgeous birds. Going to try my hand at blue & Isabel orps to get my hatching fix.

Back
Top Bottom