Isn't he handsome? Meet George, the EE cockerel PICS

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
I got some eggs a few months ago from atlchick, and excitedly, I set them. I'd had one bad hatch after another leading up to when I set these eggs, so I didn't hold out much hope of them hatching, but they did, and I ended up with 8 lovely babies, after all was said and done. George, originally named Georgia, was the most curious chick. When they were still in the bator hatching, George had already hatched and dried off, and every time I put my face to the little window to check the progress of the other chicks, George was right at the window, blocking my view. He was the first to jump in my hand once we opened the bator, and once he was in the brooder, he was always the one right at the front, first to see everything. I liked him right away. Well, he went through his cocky and flighty phase, though not nearly as bad as his sisters and brother, and he was one of the first to calm back down. He and the others are now 8 weeks old, and he's been outside in the coop with the adult birds for about 2 weeks now, and he has adjusted very well. Funny thing is, now he just LOVES me. Wherever I am, that's where George wants to be. He follows me like a little puppy dog. Here are some pics of George outside the other day. I find his colors to be absolutely breathtaking. He sure is growing up to be a handsome fellow!

Here is George trying to share my lap with the dog. He actually laid down ON the dog, and the dog was tolerant of it, until he found things to pick off the dog. Then the dog left:
29191_eliza_and_babies_go_outside_for_the_first_time_may_22_2010_271.jpg

On my knee when I was sitting in the coop:
29191_5212010_out_in_the_rain_with_my_chickens_082.jpg

My older daughter holding George:
29191_eliza_and_babies_go_outside_for_the_first_time_may_22_2010_087.jpg

And here's one of my favorite pics of him. He was sunbathing here:
29191_eliza_and_babies_go_outside_for_the_first_time_may_22_2010_119.jpg

I think he is one of the most gorgeous EE's I've ever laid eyes on. My mother argues that she thinks they look too much like hawks so they aren't cute. My kids and I love 'em though. I love the muffs. George also happens to have the best looking muffs of all of them too. I got 4 brown girls, 1 white girl, 1 girl with a white head and neck but dark body, and a white roo with black barring, and then George. We named the others Wendell, Gina, Jill, Hershey, Maya, Donna, and Butter(scotch).

I hope you enjoyed George in all his studliness, lol. I hope he stays the sweet boy that he is now when he is completely grown up. He's my little buddy!

Thank you. I hope he stays gentle too. I just think he's stunning. And he seems to like getting his picture taken too. I have a Bantam Cochin rooster than when he sees me with the camera, he will stop and pose for me. He knows I will fawn over him after the picture and tell him how handsome he is, and he eats up the attention, lol. He's been like that since he was a chick. George on the other hand, isn't as vain. He's a "go with the flow" kind of guy. He likes to explore and check everything out, but he doesn't go looking for fights like Wendell does. Wendell's a punk, lol. George is so laid back he reminds of a hippy, lol. If he could make the peace sign, I think he would, lol!

I LOVE the hawk look EE's tend to get!! It is stunning to me personally
big_smile.png
he is a handsom boy! My EE girl Munk would probably be drooling over the computer if she could see him!

Lol Morgan! I have one that looks like your EE girl too, her name is Maya because as a chick she had patterns on her head that looked Mayan or Aztec in nature. She is the brown EE that is quickest to identify because her head is golden. She's pretty though. I love the look of your girls. I have a BR pullet named Hope too. She is such a MOOSE! But I love her to pieces!

OHHH he is beautiful!!

I am so happy to see one that looks like mine!! I had been looking all over because everybody's EE pictures were always of light colored, flashy birds, but mine is like yours! (I thought I got scammed or something at the feedstore- she was ordered as an Auracana)

I call mine The Teradactyl. She is the flightiest of the bunch, but I love her. She is a bit over 4 weeks
54076_ariel_may_28_2010_018.jpg

George is beautiful & I LOVE the shot with the dog!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

big_smile.png
very handsome, are you sure he is a he? My EE has a larger comb and gobbles at 8 weeks. He should stay gentle for you, we have an adult EE that was handle all the time when little and has never gone after any one, unlike our Sussex whom has just earned a ticket to freezer camp.

Back
Top Bottom