Isn't it too cold to buy shipped eggs?

These are great replies, thank you so much. I also wondered about the holiday. So I'm do believe I'm hearing that tracking weather in route is the best thing to do, making sure that it is above freezing temps. Who said they heat their shipments...I want some eggs...lol..
I did see some in Arizona, I live in Utah, close, but want to wait until after Christmas.

Merry Christmas all!

My fear would be that even if the seller is only a state or two away from me, they USPS doesn't always route in a straight line from them to me so.....they might put them on a plane that goes through a hub in a colder part of the country before getting on another plane to come to me. My two nieces recently flew to Vegas. One from Dallas went via Atlanta and the other from KC went....via Atlanta. So who knows where those eggs are actually going to go before they get to me?
idunno.gif
So even though I'm itching to try out my new home built incubator, I'm trying to be patient and wait until Spring.....

Good point Hechicken, and doxies, that's great! 6 out of 12 isn't bad at all! I am also wanting to hatch, but I think I will wait a bit longer....I think....
big_smile.png

I sent 16 eggs last week from TN to Montana, and USPS played footall with them along the way, 11 were left whole. I got word today 5 of those 11 are developing nicely. I will be sending another package of replacements after the holidays are over though. But this was just to say, it is risky, but eggs do still do okay enough.

Back
Top Bottom