ISO female button quail near Seattle

EARR

In the Brooder
Oct 5, 2023
We are a 501c3 medical and special beds sanctuary for exotic animals, no birds or aquatics. We recently took in a couple from a hoarded situation as we just could not leave them behind. We have found an amazing farm sanctuary that will take the little male and female we have. However to provide them the best possible situation we need 2-3 more to take with them to complete their little flock. Ours have been to the vet, full work up and a clean bill of health as to not put any other feathers friends at risk in their new home.

If anyone has a few girls in need of a new flock, we will be taking them to their new home this weekend❤️

Button quail do quite well in pairs, so you are actually fine. Coturnix quail are the ones that need one male to five females.
That is interesting, everyone we have spoken to says otherwise. It is s such a mixed bag of what is best for them. Do you have button quail, has this worked for you? Is there any downside?

That is interesting, everyone we have spoken to says otherwise. It is s such a mixed bag of what is best for them. Do you have button quail, has this worked for you? Is there any downside?
I won't paste a bunch of links here, but I just checked to be sure as I'm only familiar with a different breed of quail, and every single thing I read, in addition to places that sells them, talks about a breeding pair. From Britannica, "Button quail usually go about singly or in pairs; they may join flocks of true quails." If everyone is telling you that, perhaps they're thinking that all quail are equal, and they're not.

I don't have buttons now, but I have had them. I would still have them, but I moved last year and didn't want to move the ones that I had.

If they have a lot of space, ratios don't matter as much, but in my experience, if you have limited space, they are happiest in pairs. They don't even have to be mixed gender pairs.

I don't have buttons now, but I have had them. I would still have them, but I moved last year and didn't want to move the ones that I had.

If they have a lot of space, ratios don't matter as much, but in my experience, if you have limited space, they are happiest in pairs. They don't even have to be mixed gender pairs.
The “males” we have fight until there is blood. I would love to be able to keep them all together but we have had to separate for their own safety. Currently we had then in a 4x2x2 until we can get them into a cohesive group

Back
Top Bottom