ISO NPIP Faverolles Breeder

kmpcfp

Songster
9 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Southern Maryland
I am looking into starting a flock of breeder quality salmon faverolles. I have not had any luck as I don't think anyone else breeds them local to me, so my next step is getting hatching eggs or possibly day olds shipped to me (in the spring). Looking for leads now! Must be NPIP. Edit: I am in Maryland

Last edited:
Thanks, I did search that prior. There were none within a 3 hour drive of me. I wasn't sure if there was a potential to have unlisted individuals that were NPIP or maybe someone in the process of getting NPIP. At last resort I was planning on having shipping eggs sent.

Are you in southern Md, near DC? I grew up in Montgomery County MD. A three hour drive could just be within the beltway there.:lau But,I’m sure you mean more like 100-150 miles from you.

I think there is a faverolles club (not sure), so could search that too. Poultry show central website may help you out with some research for sources, info.
Yes, pretty much! It takes me nearly an hour to get to the beltway on a good day. I did track down a Facebook group and a faverolles club as well. I found some leads that way.

If you don't have any luck with individuals MyPetChicken ships very nice eggs.
They result in big full bodied birds with proper coloration and features.
Im assuming that is your goal, big and beautiful.
They are NPIP of course.
Good luck on the hunt. :)

Go to NPIP website. There you can search by state. The doc that opens lists all NPIP in that state, with addresses and sometimes phone numbers. There will be stock codes on the right side of the doc for each NPIP listing. These refer to type/breed. To find the right code, there is a stock codes link on the left side of NPIP web page. The codes beginning with “R” are regular sized chickens, the codes beginning with “W” are bantams. Once you have the codes, use the find function on your computer to search the state document for the code. good luck!

Thanks, I did search that prior. There were none within a 3 hour drive of me. I wasn't sure if there was a potential to have unlisted individuals that were NPIP or maybe someone in the process of getting NPIP. At last resort I was planning on having shipping eggs sent.

Are you in southern Md, near DC? I grew up in Montgomery County MD. A three hour drive could just be within the beltway there.:lau But,I’m sure you mean more like 100-150 miles from you.

I think there is a faverolles club (not sure), so could search that too. Poultry show central website may help you out with some research for sources, info.

I am looking into starting a flock of breeder quality salmon faverolles. I have not had any luck as I don't think anyone else breeds them local to me, so my next step is getting hatching eggs or possibly day olds shipped to me (in the spring). Looking for leads now! Must be NPIP. Edit: I am in Maryland
Hi, I live in ND way off the beaten path of most chicken breeders. I was wondering if you could tell me what you found for potential Faverolle breeders. I used to live in Bealton, VA and commuted to work in DC so I know what the traffic situation is that you have to deal with. Many thanks for any help you can give me. Sheila

Hi, I live in ND way off the beaten path of most chicken breeders. I was wondering if you could tell me what you found for potential Faverolle breeders. I used to live in Bealton, VA and commuted to work in DC so I know what the traffic situation is that you have to deal with. Many thanks for any help you can give me. Sheila
I don't have websites or contact info, but I joined a US faverolles Facebook page and found a few directly on there that message me after I posted. I did find one breeder with a website.

https://www.northwoodspoultry.com/index.htm
Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom