ISO Pigeon eggs

Well you don’t really need syringes, you can get pippets for stores like Walmart and do it that way. Syringes can culture bacteria so I try to stay as sanitary as possible. You can also get some balloons and put the balloon over a pill bottle and stick their beaks in and allow them to eat them selves. That’s the best and more natural way
Thanks! the bottle and balloon is pretty clever, I think I’ll try that one if needed. I’ve seen people who cut the tips on the syringe spout to make the opening bigger but that didn’t seem very good to me, the babies might choke on the formula. Considering that squabs just eat out of the parents bills, the bottle method seems the best.

These are mine. Some of them are at my uncles house for training since we have too many hawks here and it not the right area for training. We have a smaller backyard as well. I have this other pigeon that’s HUGE but I have no idea what he is. I think he is a hybrid king. The last one is my mystery pigeon. He is soo much bigger than every other pigeon
Wow so pretty! I love the crested ones!

Thanks! the bottle and balloon is pretty clever, I think I’ll try that one if needed. I’ve seen people who cut the tips on the syringe spout to make the opening bigger but that didn’t seem very good to me, the babies might choke on the formula. Considering that squabs just eat out of the parents bills, the bottle method seems the best.
That’s what I do. The bottle/balloon is the best method I feel because it makes them a little more independent during feeding. I don’t recommend shoving syringes down chicks throats because they might aspirate. I’ve raised about 25 by hand and it took about 8 or 9 very stressful and unfortunate deaths to learn what I was doing wrong. When you get your set up going let me know and I’ll help you out if you need anything

Thank you for sharing yours! I like your different breeds!
Yeah I have quite a bit of different breeds. People that didn’t want birds anymore would come to me and I just started getting a bunch of random birds. It’s made it very difficult for me to fly them like I used to. But do you know what that big pigeon is? No one seems to know what he is. I’ve asked soo many people and people don’t really know. I haven’t asked on here though. I might give that a shot

That’s what I do. The bottle/balloon is the best method I feel because it makes them a little more independent during feeding. I don’t recommend shoving syringes down chicks throats because they might aspirate. I’ve raised about 25 by hand and it took about 8 or 9 very stressful and unfortunate deaths to learn what I was doing wrong. When you get your set up going let me know and I’ll help you out if you need anything
Thank you very much :) I appreciate it and will definitely take you up on that offer!!

Yeah I have quite a bit of different breeds. People that didn’t want birds anymore would come to me and I just started getting a bunch of random birds. It’s made it very difficult for me to fly them like I used to. But do you know what that big pigeon is? No one seems to know what he is. I’ve asked soo many people and people don’t really know. I haven’t asked on here though. I might give that a shot
It doesn't have full muffed feet but you can definitely see some feathers there. It leads me to believe it's a cross with a clean footed pigeon. The size, the crest, and evidence of feathers on the feet leads me to believe that part of the cross might be a giant Hungarian house pigeon... the rest is anybodies guess. Could be a couple other breeds mixed in... very hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom