Issue while unzipping

Well, the two who hatched just fine are in a different room in a brooder. But the chick in the incubator is the only one in there.

How is it doing now? Can you post a picture?
What’s sad is she’s been in here ever since I helped her out and she doesn’t seem to be getting any better and I don’t know what to do. Her breathing is still laborer, chirps every now and again, can’t stand but manages to hobble around, isn’t drying off really. She looks awful.

Attachments

• 219E7528-0C73-43D4-A392-3F69551E0EE7.jpeg
    219E7528-0C73-43D4-A392-3F69551E0EE7.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 5
Poor baby. Can it hear the other chicks chirping? Maybe it would be encouraging for it. It's hard to help when they are so tiny. I'd recommend raw egg yolk with honey if it's able to eat at all.
Yes, company is a good idea. I never leave a single chick alone in the incubator.

Thank you. This is only my second time hatching and the first time, everything went so smoothly. Didn’t have to help any of them at all. So this is my first time experiencing anything like this. I have learned so much by posting this thread and while I regret not knowing how to help these babies, I feel confident to hatch in the future knowing what I know now.
You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom