It’s getting cold here! Ducks absolutely will NOT use their house!

Pics
No if they can't get out by themselves then get them out and build a ramp soon as you can. That way they can go in if they want. See it didn't take them long to like their safe house.

No if they can't get out by themselves then get them out and build a ramp soon as you can. That way they can go in if they want. See it didn't take them long to like their safe house.
Yep we built a ramp last night too and they had the hardest time using it. Lol. I’m not sure if they’d be able to get in by themselves tho even if they wanted to. They would have to know how to push the door open and they don’t know how to do that. It’s light, but I’m not sure if they’ll ever be able to.

My duck seems to move away from laser pointers. You would try to use a laser pointer at night to heard them in! It’s worth a shot, haha. Just be sure you do NOT shine it near their eyes. Good luck keeping your duckies warm! :)

Best wishes,
Savana and Vause

My duck seems to move away from laser pointers. You would try to use a laser pointer at night to heard them in! It’s worth a shot, haha. Just be sure you do NOT shine it near their eyes. Good luck keeping your duckies warm! :)

Best wishes,
Savana and Vause
Lol! Mine don’t like laser pointers either. Especially at night. In the day time they’ll chase it. Lol

Red eyes = predator

Did you put strips of wood across the ramp to give them traction or you can cover in a scrap piece of carpet.

Can you prop the door open with something heavy? Or if it opens out use a bungee strap and support it open? by attaching it to the house somehow?

Red eyes = predator

Did you put strips of wood across the ramp to give them traction or you can cover in a scrap piece of carpet.

Can you prop the door open with something heavy? Or if it opens out use a bungee strap and support it open? by attaching it to the house somehow?
Yeah we put stips of wood on it.. maybe we need more? Or something else might work. But they had the hardest time. I don’t know if they couldn’t see it or what.
We were going to try to bungee strap to keep the door open somehow. It opens in and out.

As with anything to do with ducks they are wary of anything new so it will take time for them to get use to the ramp. Can you post a pic of their new ramp? how wide is it? Also left over asphalt roofing works good for ramps.

As with anything to do with ducks they are wary of anything new so it will take time for them to get use to the ramp. Can you post a pic of their new ramp? how wide is it? Also left over asphalt roofing works good for ramps.
Yeah, I can get a pic of the ramp later. I’m working right now. The ramp isn’t very wide. But I think it’s wide enough. We added more stairs to it last night and they were climbing it better. But they didn’t use it to get out this morning. They flew. Lol

Back
Top Bottom