It finally happened (long rant, sorry)

My chicks and chickens can climb over my Shepherds and they do nothing. The little pitX he does not bother them much, but once in awhile he goes bouncing after them. Never a real chase, more of a play. I just hope to find him a home soon. That is soon in: before he realizes they taste good.
th.gif

LONG update...

Well, it is'nt over yet.... Yesterday, I let my ducklings out so that I could clean their pen (big metal dog cage). I had went into the house for a minute and was getting ready to go back out when I heard someone yeeling. I looked out the closest window and saw nothing. I wento to the back door, which looks right at the door to my coop, and there was that Husky again! Chasing one of my chickens that had somehow got out and there were my poor baby ducks, too. I ran outside and yelled and chased it away. I looked over the hill and there was a guy yelling at it to get away with a box of dog treats. I thanked him for yelling and helping me. I told him that the dog was lucky that I didn't get the gun 1st. He headed back down the hill and in the direction of the neighbor who owns the dog.

I called the sheriff's office because I thought that the dog warden was closed. Some help they were. They told me that there was nothing that they could do, that it was a matter for the dog warden. WHAT?!?!?!? Pretty much told me to call them because they were in til 3:30pm. SO I did and they were closed, at 3 pm, and left a message of what happend and that I had pictures this time. I went back outside and heard the guy again, who was in the neighborr on the otherside's yard...chasing the dog!!!! I felt bad for the guy because he obviously had a bad leg, which he later said that he just had hip surgery. He chased the dog back onto my property and I caught it. I put in in my duck pen and locked him up.
I told the man thanks again, but he said that as far as anyone was concerned he only chased it along the bottom of the field...hmm... I called the dog warden again and told him that I had the dog and had more pictures.

So, about 2 hrs later here she comes... She knew that I was ticked!!!I can't believe that she actually came. She said that her brother...hmm...had called her and said that the dog got out and that I had him. Makes me think that the guy that helped may have been her brother, but I'm not sure. I told her that he was chasing my chickens again, but that he hadn't killed any this time. You should have seen her face!!! It wa like she was shocked that I knew about last week...literally last thursday. She was saying I'm sorry left and right and that she didnt' know what to do because he keeps breaking his chain. I said buy a bigger chain. duh. She asked if I had called the dog warden and I said yes, and the sheriff and I had pictures. She was really freaking out then. She asked if she could take it home and I told her yes, but this couldn't happen again. I explained how much mu chikens coast and that I have goats and babies that are worth even more. So, she took him home.

Still not over!!!!
he.gif

So I got to give my girls a treat and about 10 later, lo and behold here he comes again!!!! Barrelling across the bottom of my fence and up the hill...They ran to the property line and stopped, yelling for him... Hellooooo. COME AND GET THE DOG!!!! Finally they sent the daughter who is like 10 up to get the dog, which I have, once again caught. By the way, I also got pics of this incident too.
tongue.gif

So, the Dog Warden calls at 7:30 am and asked what happeden and I told him. He came out and I filled out a statement and showed the pics. Once gain, he said that the dog was lucky that my hubby wasn't home. lol I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but he knows my hubby and knows that he wouldn't be so nice about this dog in the yard. He would have been on thier doorstep when they got home, in a plastic bag.

SO, she got sited today for the dog beining lose. If it happens again, he will take her to court for dog at large charges and a fine, happens again, more fines and they take the dog. Hopefully, I don't see the dog again outside of their yard.

WOW!!!! Some people!!

I'd be keeping a good eye and an empty cage, At the rate he's been in your yard you could satisfy all the lose dog reoccurances by this time next week.

the sad thing is, this is so preventable with good exercise, the chain clearly is not letting him run (he's a husky, it's what they do) and with the exercise, some training and she could have a wonderful, obediant dog.

Good luck and thanks for the update.

Michelle

I would just shoot it next time. Sooner or later, it will kill all of your birds. The owners don't care. They are obviously idiots. If you shoot the dog, take a picture of it so they can still get their dog at large ticket and fine.

I agree, shoot the beast!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of people are slow learners and shouldn't even have a dog in the first place!!!!

Back
Top Bottom