Pics
@MochaLatte anything yet?

I think Nugget laid one this weekend that either stuck to her or she jumped out of the box before it was fully out. We were away so checked the cameras and saw what I was sure was an egg on the coop floor. I checked recordings before and saw Nugget jump out of the box and the egg go rolling. Checked recordings before that and don't see the egg but they are in night vision still so hard to be sure.

@MochaLatte anything yet?

I think Nugget laid one this weekend that either stuck to her or she jumped out of the box before it was fully out. We were away so checked the cameras and saw what I was sure was an egg on the coop floor. I checked recordings before and saw Nugget jump out of the box and the egg go rolling. Checked recordings before that and don't see the egg but they are in night vision still so hard to be sure.

Oh my goodness, I wonder what happened for sure! It probably wasn't quite out, like you said. Was the egg broken or okay?

Still nothing here. Silver(Olive Egger) and Sansa(Starlight Green Egger) both investigated in the coop for a moment today, but not for very long and they didn't go near the nest boxes. The smallest girls (10 week olds) also scratched around inside the coop today for the first time since "the incident"... maybe someone will be normal again soon, but who knows!

Oh my goodness, I wonder what happened for sure! It probably wasn't quite out, like you said. Was the egg broken or okay?

Still nothing here. Silver(Olive Egger) and Sansa(Starlight Green Egger) both investigated in the coop for a moment today, but not for very long and they didn't go near the nest boxes. The smallest girls (10 week olds) also scratched around inside the coop today for the first time since "the incident"... maybe someone will be normal again soon, but who knows!
The egg was fine thankfully. I think it had a pretty heavy bloom as it has like a white "coating" over it. Hard to describe. I will need to get a pic of it.

Sounds like maybe things are starting to get better for you at least.

She must have just popped it out after her hop hahaha. At least it wasn't broken! That would have been awful. Every egg is deliciously precious :drool
yes they are!

oh and they stopped laying in the "favorite" box that I took the fake eggs out of. Hummer moved to the one they weren't using at all before, that I still have 2 eggs in. and Nugget was using the middle box that still has 1 egg in it. This weekend they laid in the same box which was the one they didn't use at all before.... So may move one of the fake eggs so there is 1 in all the boxes.

yes they are!

oh and they stopped laying in the "favorite" box that I took the fake eggs out of. Hummer moved to the one they weren't using at all before, that I still have 2 eggs in. and Nugget was using the middle box that still has 1 egg in it. This weekend they laid in the same box which was the one they didn't use at all before.... So may move one of the fake eggs so there is 1 in all the boxes.
I love your eggs-periments hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom