Pics
My light brama didn start laying till 24-25 weeks. And she had a bright red comb at least 2 months before she started laying. We also had an americauna who never lays she is about 32 weeks old.
I wish I could remember when hers changed but I think maybe beg to mid Sept? I know it has been about a month since I checked her pelvic bones and they were wider. I figured she would lay between 5.5 -6 months. Mine were born April 8/9.

Oh so yesterday I moved the fake eggs so there was 1 in each box. Today Hummer went in the one she has been using, was there for a bit, then changed to the old favorite ( that they stopped using when I took the fake eggs out), but then moved back to her new fav and laid there. But Nugget is currently in the old fav box that she had stopped using. So going by that they definitely seem to like laying where a fake egg is.

Oh so yesterday I moved the fake eggs so there was 1 in each box. Today Hummer went in the one she has been using, was there for a bit, then changed to the old favorite ( that they stopped using when I took the fake eggs out), but then moved back to her new fav and laid there. But Nugget is currently in the old fav box that she had stopped using. So going by that they definitely seem to like laying where a fake egg is.
Very good findings!!! Thanks for taking the time to do a proper assessment for us all :highfive:

LOL Thanks. I was more curious if once they started laying if they still needed them or not, so it was fun to experiment and see. :)

did you see Annabelle came in 3rd in the cutest Cochin contest for Standard cochins. :) heehee.
Yes, it was very interesting findings!

Also Annabelle should have been #1. She's still first place in my book!

So, still no exciting news from me... except that maybe the girls are being more normal. They all run to me again to check for treats! Today, Zoingo went into the coop and walked around for a moment for the first time since the incident... but since I don't have any fun egg news, I will introduce another one of my ladies, instead!

This is Goldie (Gold Laced Wyandotte). She is almost 26 weeks old and had recently been inspecting the coop... but then today, she said she will never lay an egg. She likes to be pet once she is captured... but the capturing part isn't so easy to do. :weeShe is best friends with Brittany, the Columbian Wyandotte.
20211027_115530.jpg 20211027_115458.jpg 20211027_115441.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom