Pics
So, still no exciting news from me... except that maybe the girls are being more normal. They all run to me again to check for treats! Today, Zoingo went into the coop and walked around for a moment for the first time since the incident... but since I don't have any fun egg news, I will introduce another one of my ladies, instead!

This is Goldie (Gold Laced Wyandotte). She is almost 26 weeks old and had recently been inspecting the coop... but then today, she said she will never lay an egg. She likes to be pet once she is captured... but the capturing part isn't so easy to do. :weeShe is best friends with Brittany, the Columbian Wyandotte.
View attachment 2879904View attachment 2879905View attachment 2879907
My brahma likes to be pet once I catch her to. But she use to come up to me before she got attacked by my americauna.

What silly girls. How long ago was the attack with the Americana? Maybe she will warm up to you again. My girls are still a little wary, but are becoming happy again slowly...
About 2 weeks ago. She's also molting. And she is starting to come up to me a little bit, especially when I have treats.

So, still no exciting news from me... except that maybe the girls are being more normal. They all run to me again to check for treats! Today, Zoingo went into the coop and walked around for a moment for the first time since the incident... but since I don't have any fun egg news, I will introduce another one of my ladies, instead!

This is Goldie (Gold Laced Wyandotte). She is almost 26 weeks old and had recently been inspecting the coop... but then today, she said she will never lay an egg. She likes to be pet once she is captured... but the capturing part isn't so easy to do. :weeShe is best friends with Brittany, the Columbian Wyandotte.
View attachment 2879904View attachment 2879905View attachment 2879907
She is soooo pretty!!!!! And glad they are all getting back to normal. Now just to get back to laying!!

Annabelle and Marshmallow we're easier to pick up the other day for me... Probably just a fluke.

We had a really bad storm come through here last night and today so lost power at 2 am. I was so worried something would happen to the coop or run. Then was happy thinking the coop door wouldn't open so the wouldn't come out and maybe get hurt. Then I remembered that the door has a battery. Lol. They were fine and no trees or branches on the run or coop. But I am missing peeking in since I have no camera either. I told my daughter that someone new would start to lay just because I won't be able to figure out who it is with no camera to see them in the box. No new ones today when I looked earlier, but I didn't go out there much with the weather. We are now almost 22 hrs without power and we may not get it back till Sat or Sun! I sure hope they are wrong.

We had a really bad storm come through here last night and today so lost power at 2 am. I was so worried something would happen to the coop or run. Then was happy thinking the coop door wouldn't open so the wouldn't come out and maybe get hurt. Then I remembered that the door has a battery. Lol. They were fine and no trees or branches on the run or coop. But I am missing peeking in since I have no camera either. I told my daughter that someone new would start to lay just because I won't be able to figure out who it is with no camera to see them in the box. No new ones today when I looked earlier, but I didn't go out there much with the weather. We are now almost 22 hrs without power and we may not get it back till Sat or Sun! I sure hope they are wrong.
Oh my gosh that is crazy!!! Keeping you and your family (and flock) in my thoughts! Sending you all of my best wishes that they get you fixed up soon. I hope you didn't have too much stuff in your frig/freezer....:fl

Hahaha @ the idea of someone new laying since you can't see. That sounds like something these silly girls would do. We are suppose to get some bad weather tonight. It started getting really windy earlier. I heard the girls making the egg song, got INSANELY excited, ran outside and realized a tree-sized branch had fallen onto the roof of their coop and scared them with the loud sound. They were alarm-calling, not egg-singing. No damage, thankfully. I went in and gave them all a pat and told them it was OK.

Oh my gosh that is crazy!!! Keeping you and your family (and flock) in my thoughts! Sending you all of my best wishes that they get you fixed up soon. I hope you didn't have too much stuff in your frig/freezer....:fl

Hahaha @ the idea of someone new laying since you can't see. That sounds like something these silly girls would do. We are suppose to get some bad weather tonight. It started getting really windy earlier. I heard the girls making the egg song, got INSANELY excited, ran outside and realized a tree-sized branch had fallen onto the roof of their coop and scared them with the loud sound. They were alarm-calling, not egg-singing. No damage, thankfully. I went in and gave them all a pat and told them it was OK.
Hopefully your weather isn't too bad and doesn't get too windy! Oh no on the branch but glad no damage. Poor girls on getting scared, I am sure it is not what they need now.

Thanks I am hoping it is back soon. Last I saw it said just before midnight Friday, hopefully that is still wrong, but there was lots of damage done all over the place and in my county alone there is well over 100,000 without power. ( Read like 153,000 and 171,000)

We got some pretty bad wind up here last night. Luckily no damage.

Back
Top Bottom