Pics
I went out to get eggs this morning and found a crazy run egg of my own! They had scratched it all to hell but it's not broken.. It's a blue shell egg though, so it must have been Moon or Ginger by the looks of it. I'm thinking probably Ginger... she did a ghost egg yesterday, so maybe it snuck up on her this morning LOL. I will see if Moonie lays later today.
View attachment 2915199

Editing to add: ...the baby chicks come in today!! I'm so anxious to get them picked up from the post office and make sure they are all okay. Will post pics of each baby when they arrive :love
What is up with these crazy run and coop eggs?!?!? That egg is so pretty though.

OMG I can't wait to see new babies!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!

What breed are they cant wait to see them. I'm looking at 2 new breeds for next spring and I think I am deciding beetween Wyandotte, Orpington or welsummer. Which do you think would be the best for eggs?

What breed are they cant wait to see them. I'm looking at 2 new breeds for next spring and I think I am deciding beetween Wyandotte, Orpington or welsummer. Which do you think would be the best for eggs?
I don't have any of those but was so close to getting Wyandottes as I raised those growing up.

I have heard Orpingtons are great. But I haven't really looked into seeing how many eggs they lay a week but I thought they were large eggs.

My Buff Orpington laid 8 eggs in her first 7 days... now that she's out of molt she is laying like she doesn't know what a day off is, again.
20211010_162526.jpg

My welsummer mix just finished her first week and laid these babies:
11.jpg

My 2 Wyandotte's that are laying now are also very reliable. I don't think you could make a wrong choice!

The babies arrived happy and healthy... and CHIRPY! They were all very lively right out of their shipping box from Meyer's. I got them to eat and drink and settle into the brooder for a little while. Then I drug them out for a super fast photo shoot to share with you! Without further delay... the babies!
20211201_152633.jpg 20211201_152937.jpg 20211201_161305.jpg 20211201_161130.jpg 2021-12-01 15_54.jpg

...and also their two 1-week-old brooder mates, Salsa & Sansa!
20211201_153339.jpg 20211201_153439.jpg

The babies arrived happy and healthy... and CHIRPY! They were all very lively right out of their shipping box from Meyer's. I got them to eat and drink and settle into the brooder for a little while. Then I drug them out for a super fast photo shoot to share with you! Without further delay... the babies!
View attachment 2915550View attachment 2915551View attachment 2915552View attachment 2915553View attachment 2915554

...and also their two 1-week-old brooder mates, Salsa & Sansa!
View attachment 2915555View attachment 2915556
OMG I am in love!!!!!!!!!! They are just so cute!!!!!!!!!!!! What a nice photo set up too. Great job!

So hard to choose but think my favs are Sage and Daenerys!!!!!!!!

OMG I am in love!!!!!!!!!! They are just so cute!!!!!!!!!!!! What a nice photo set up too. Great job!

So hard to choose but think my favs are Sage and Daenerys!!!!!!!!
I can hardly wait to watch them feather out!

(I was glad they didn't make any poo during the pics or all those eggs would have had to be washed right away and put in frig LOL)

Last edited:
Well my girls figured they would confuse me still. LOL I thought for sure Hummer would lay today since she was doing 2 eggs, a day off then maybe 1 egg a day off etc. well she laid on Fri, took Sat off, laid on Sun, took Mon off, laid on Tue.... so I thought where the others were 1 and a day off she would lay today since I didn't realize it was so many in a row of just 1 with a day off...... Well nope she didn't lay. So guess she is an every other day type of girl now? not sure if getting into a grove or where it is winter since she used to lay 6 in a row.

Annabelle laid Mon and Tue so figured she would take today off since she is 2 on, 1 off, 2 on etc. Well nope she laid today so 3 in a row!!!! And while she tried to wait her turn again, since Nugget was in the box that she uses (also Nuggets fav), she only gave it a little bit then went in the box that noone seems to really use........ so will be interesting to see if she now uses that one again or goes back to her fav. The past 2 days she just jumped in with whoever was in "her" box. LMAO!

Nugget seems to be my only one that I can follow, besides on Thanksgiving when they ALL took off. Then Nugget only laid 2 in a row with a day off and she had been consistently 5 in a row. But then did a 5, a 4, then a 2..... LOL guess they figured they all deserved the day off on Thanksgiving too. LMAO!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom