Pics
My girls slowed way down on laying this week. Annabelle is still doing good. She laid just about every day Mon-Sat with only Thurs off.

Nugget laid Mon-Wed, then Fri. She took off Thurs and Sat. She was laying 5 days in a row so the 3 days, day off, 1 day, day off is odd.

Hummer went down to every other day but just took 2 days in a row off.

I was expecting all 3 to lay today and only Annabelle did ...

My girls slowed way down on laying this week. Annabelle is still doing good. She laid just about every day Mon-Sat with only Thurs off.

Nugget laid Mon-Wed, then Fri. She took off Thurs and Sat. She was laying 5 days in a row so the 3 days, day off, 1 day, day off is odd.

Hummer went down to every other day but just took 2 days in a row off.

I was expecting all 3 to lay today and only Annabelle did ...
Hmmmm... maybe it's just a working-itself-out type of situation. They are all relatively new to laying still. Even Hummer and Nugget have only been laying for a couple of months. Or perhaps it's because the days are shorter but it seems your girls have been laying really well even with the slow change in daylight... idk!

Hmmmm... maybe it's just a working-itself-out type of situation. They are all relatively new to laying still. Even Hummer and Nugget have only been laying for a couple of months. Or perhaps it's because the days are shorter but it seems your girls have been laying really well even with the slow change in daylight... idk!
They had been doing really well. I do think it is the shorter days doing it. Think maybe it hasn't effected Annabelle as much since she has only been laying for such a short time so still "new". Hummer has been laying the longest so that may be why she seems the most effected by it. She laid her first egg just over 3 months ago with Nugget a couple weeks behind. Hummer went from 6-7 a week down to 3-4, but it really slowed the end of this week. Guess it is still good she is still laying so I won't complain too much but I am missing getting 2 eggs just about every day with 3 once or twice a week.

How are all your girls doing?

Think maybe it hasn't effected Annabelle as much since she has only been laying for such a short time so still "new"
This would make sense... I haven't noticed a big drop off with my girls, but they also have 2 hours extra light in the mornings, so maybe that's why?

Zoingo laid another 108g egg today. I honestly don't know how she's walking around after laying that giant thing.

This would make sense... I haven't noticed a big drop off with my girls, but they also have 2 hours extra light in the mornings, so maybe that's why?

Zoingo laid another 108g egg today. I honestly don't know how she's walking around after laying that giant thing.
I am guessing the extra light helps.

Wow on that egg!!! Poor girl that has to hurt!

Nugget and Hummer laid today. I saw Annabelle run out of the nest box so thought she did another 3 days in a row. I went out and nothing in the box so checked the coop and run and saw nothing so guess a ghost egg.

Well Dec 1-7th I got 12 eggs. so guess a dozen a week isn't bad with only 3 laying even though they have slowed down quite a bit. Well maybe not as much as I thought since Nov 24-30th they laid 15 so only 3 less than then. The past few days they have all laid smaller eggs though. Annabelle and Nugget went from around 48-49g to 46g and Hummer was 51-53g and she is back to 48g for her last one. But hey at least I am still getting eggs so I won't complain and a dozen a week works. :)

That is just incredible- over 100g egg. One of my girls laid a 73g one and it looked like a dinosaur’s egg next to all the others. 🤯
Zoingo is bananas with her eggs. She did another double yolk today at 110g. I held it in my hand and stared at it for a second like... just how... does it come out intact.... . . .

Well Dec 1-7th I got 12 eggs. so guess a dozen a week isn't bad with only 3 laying even though they have slowed down quite a bit. Well maybe not as much as I thought since Nov 24-30th they laid 15 so only 3 less than then. The past few days they have all laid smaller eggs though. Annabelle and Nugget went from around 48-49g to 46g and Hummer was 51-53g and she is back to 48g for her last one. But hey at least I am still getting eggs so I won't complain and a dozen a week works. :)
A dozen a week is AWESOME with 3 laying girls this time of year!

It's interesting about their egg size change... I noticed this in the past week with a few of my girls as well. They laid some eggs quite a bit smaller than they had been trending... I wonder if it's just a new layer thing or an any-age normal type thing!

Today, at 18 weeks and 4 days... our lovely girl, Zoingo, laid her first egg!!! (She is either a Production Blue or Blue Rock, we don't really know).

This is the first egg of our flock, but several others look to be getting close! Zoingo has been squatting for about 2 weeks and pelvic separation has been there for about a week.

Here is the lovely girl having a dust bath and our first little egg! (The white eggs are fake ceramic ones)

View attachment 2824505View attachment 2824507View attachment 2824509
Amazing! Chicken looks like a Copper Maran to me, we’ve had several of that breed.

Back
Top Bottom