So....

Today, at 26 weeks and 5 days old...

Catelyn (Prairie Bluebell Egger) joined the egg laying squad! She is a lovely girl with a hideous voice. I mean, eardrum-ruining, screech-voice. I'm pretty sure that she identifies as a bald eagle. Please disregard her tail, as those are her last feathers coming in from molt.
View attachment 2940353View attachment 2940354

I caught her hopping into the nest box this morning...
View attachment 2940347
She spent about 45 minutes in there and laid a beautifully blue, 52g egg!
View attachment 2940349
It is really hard to show the color in pics... so here it is with the other eggs from today so far (Nugget finally rejoined the eggspress as well after her 3 month molt LOL...that is her light colored egg with the white speckles!)
View attachment 2940350
beautiful hen and beautiful eggs!

Margot is trying to lay!!! She will be the first bird I incubated myself to lay.
57D2D5EA-FF92-4ABF-B540-451AFDCFD3A9.jpeg

Congratulations! It is super-exciting no matter how many times it happens!

We just got the first egg from one of our 5-month old Silkies yesterday. She looked at it like, "what the heck is that"????? :)
This is my first post ever I had to say something.. this pic is so awsome ..cutest pic I have seen in long time thank you so much for sharing
Oh my name is renee from Oklahoma

So....

Catelyn (Prairie Bluebell Egger) joined the egg laying squad! She is a lovely girl with a hideous voice. I mean, eardrum-ruining, screech-voice. I'm pretty sure that she identifies as a bald eagle. Please disregard her tail, as those are her last feathers coming in from molt.

View attachment 2940347
View attachment 2940349
It is really hard to show the color in pics... so here it is with the other eggs from today so far (Nugget finally rejoined the eggspress as well after her 3 month molt LOL...that is her light colored egg with the white speckles!)
View attachment 2940350
Woohoo and so exciting!!! Such a pretty egg and nice bunch of colors!!!

Look what I got from Santa!!!!! (wow the camera makes the run look small. it really isn't the sections it is showing are 18'x8' then they have 8x8 under the coop. LOL)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-154021.png
    Screenshot_20211226-154021.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Today at 6am Annabelle was in the nest box, normal time after a day off. The rest of the gang got up around 7 to head out so out hops Annabelle. Later on I went to collect her egg. Not in box, not in coop, can't find it in the run.... I don't know if she didn't lay or what. And Hummer is now on day 5 of not laying after around a week of every other day....

So....

View attachment 2940347
View attachment 2940349
View attachment 2940350
Your basket color is beautiful! I love the variety of eggs! Catelyn looks like my Easter Egger without the dark beard! She hasn’t started laying yet at 5 months, but I hope her egg is as pretty as yours!

1640552727618.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom