I also didn't get to make Rascal's first egg post cause I was so sick... she laid her first egg on the 14th! She is our youngest Easter Egger and lays a really pretty blue (slight green tint) egg. Her first egg was a double-yolker, poor girl!
20220118_151234.jpg 20220118_151943.jpg

I also didn't get to make Rascal's first egg post cause I was so sick... she laid her first egg on the 14th! She is our youngest Easter Egger and lays a really pretty blue (slight green tint) egg. Her first egg was a double-yolker, poor girl!
View attachment 2965099View attachment 2965100
WOW such pretty eggs from a pretty girl! And yikes that first one is HUGE!!!!!!

Annabelle has been laying 50g eggs finally which is big for her. LOL

Annabelle has been laying 50g eggs finally which is big for her. LOL
50 is around where most of my girls lay and I think it's the perfect egg size for cooking! (except Goldie and Brittany that still lay in the 30s LOL)

(That double-yolk first egg from Rascal was 79g. It had a little blood streak on it and I wanted to just die thinking about her laying that thing!)

50 is around where most of my girls lay and I think it's the perfect egg size for cooking! (except Goldie and Brittany that still lay in the 30s LOL)

(That double-yolk first egg from Rascal was 79g. It had a little blood streak on it and I wanted to just die thinking about her laying that thing!)
Actually both Nugget and Annabelle lay 48-51g now. Most times 49 or 50. Felt like it took forever to get there.

Before Hummers break she was around 52/53g so will be interesting to see what size hers are when she starts back

I just candled the duck eggs... #8 still had no movement so I took it out... it had no deformations at all. Just a perfect little duckling that quit.

Several of the other eggs were CHIRPING loudly at my voice. I think that means they have internally pipped?? I wasn't scheduled for lockdown for another day but I think if they have pipped internally I'm suppose to stop rotating??

I just candled the duck eggs... #8 still had no movement so I took it out... it had no deformations at all. Just a perfect little duckling that quit.

Several of the other eggs were CHIRPING loudly at my voice. I think that means they have internally pipped?? I wasn't scheduled for lockdown for another day but I think if they have pipped internally I'm suppose to stop rotating??
wish I knew more but don't remember from when I was younger and haven't done my research at all yet. But know I have read about them chirping and think maybe it meant internally pipped..... Yikes! Sure hope you find your answer and keep us up to date! My daughters b-day is Friday maybe some will hatch then. :)

wish I knew more but don't remember from when I was younger and haven't done my research at all yet. But know I have read about them chirping and think maybe it meant internally pipped..... Yikes! Sure hope you find your answer and keep us up to date! My daughters b-day is Friday maybe some will hatch then. :)
I've decided to stay with the plan for lockdown tomorrow... I don't want to drown them or something raising the humidity too early.

They sure are bumping their eggs around in there, it's really fun to watch! I can't believe it's almost time!

@Smiles-N-Sunshine

It's happening! The eggs are officially in lockdown.
20220119_114041.jpg

Here's the breakdown:
We started with 14 Welsh Harlequin eggs...
1 fertile egg was crushed by USPS
3 were infertile (day 10 removal & inspection)
1 detached aircell from USPS - early quitter
1 day 22 late quitter 😭
8 happy, ACTIVE, full eggs made it to lockdown

Hopefully I can report 8 happy active ducklings in a few days!!!

(Also 2 of the 6 Cayuga eggs made it to lockdown) Fingers crossed! :fl:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom