It has begun

I wish you all the best in your hatching. I myself am currently on my third incubating batch. My first batch didn't work due to a 10hr power outage (freak storm) and then my second batch I made it to hatching days but none of my egg pipped. Not sure what happened. Humidity was good, temp may have been low, not sure. Ventilation is my suspect. I followed the incubator instructions of not removing the little vent hole covers till you see the eggs hatching. I think my little guys suffocated....whoops. Felt really bad about that. So learn from my mistake on that one! Open some vents by at least Day 10 is what I have been advised. I personally decided I would just leave them open the whole incubation.

So far I am on Day 5 with this batch. I added more thermometers so I can keep an eye on temp. And with the vents open I find I am adding more water then before for humidity but I am keeping it relatively steady. Best of luck!

u2! We had a cold snap here, then a warm up. the cold snap was more easy to regulate for my homemade incubator, the warm snap was worse though because I had to find ways to cool incubator.

This hatch , even though staggered should be fine.

On you tube they have a small video about a chick developing in egg. I have seen it abunch, but say I am on day 14 I will watch it just to see how far along my babies are.

well due to my lack of concentration on the way home yesterday, I failed to pick up the battery.

today for sure.

I'll also be swinging by the nice lady that has eggs to sell.

I'll be sure to post up some pics of what she gives me.

Well shame on you Bert!
big_smile.png

yep them be eggs.

I got three dozen of them, but this picture os a good representation of what each carton looks like.

will calibrate the hygrometer starting tonight, run in the already heating bator for a day, to get the humidity correct. should be incubating by Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom