It has begun

I mixed a purple-pink egg layer with an olive egg layer and got...

Gray egg layer and people have been freaking out ever since. I only have 2 that do this though. the hen below and her daughter.

I have kept notes on chicks produced by the original pinky purple egg layer.. I cannot promise their offspring would lay gray.

this is the daughter...she came from a gray egg, and her dad was a blue isbar

This egg which might be hers, or her mom's, but let's say it is hers...she breed with I am guessing a brown egg, so it went:
olive/purpley-pink=gray+minty green=gray+brown =?

Last edited:
I mixed a purple-pink egg layer with an olive egg layer and got...

Gray egg layer and people have been freaking out ever since. I only have 2 that do this though. the hen below and her daughter.

I have kept notes on chicks produced by the original pinky purple egg layer.. I cannot promise their offspring would lay gray.

this is the daughter...she came from a gray egg, and her dad was a blue isbar

This egg which might be hers, or her mom's, but let's say it is hers...she breed with I am guessing a brown egg, so it went:
olive/purpley-pink=gray+minty green=gray+brown =?
Beautiful eggs!!!

What kind laid the really dark egg above the light gray one? Or is it just the lighting? I have not seen that color egg before either. I have to say you do have quite the array of colors in your basket. Great job!

I have been getting gray eggs for a few generations now. It is a frizzle egg,

I got the color by breeding olive egg to a purple-y/pink egg

and got the below chick, she has a daughter who also lays gray..

the daughter's dad below was a Blue isbar...

This is the mother's breeds. the above is a mystery bird that laid pink-y/purple eggs, the dad below was the frizzle. if I had known how great his babies would be I would have kept him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom