It VIOLATED my space...Now it must go!!!!UPDATE!!HELP!!OMG????

Quote:
I will bet my next paycheck my traps don't eat near as much as the dogs
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
that and the traps work 24/7/365 no vet or shots etc
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
ep.gif

That is definitely a fisher. I have heard this sound in the woods and first thought coyote, fox, or raccoon. Then a few years later I bought an app for my iphone called "my nature tracks" or something. It has animal calls in addition to tracks & gait illustrations. The fisher one sounds EXACTLY like that, and it also helped me identify the sound that I heard in the woods a few years ago. That was the summer that 9 cats disappeared in the 5 mile radius around my house. I guess they were easier to eat than porcupines. I haven't heard that sound in about 5 years, and the cats stopped disappearing. Either one of the neighbors got it, or it got a disease or moved to a new area. Thank goodness it's gone. They are like small wolverines, NOT nice creatures at all.
hide.gif

Here is a wikipedia link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)

You
could google fisher call and see if that it what it was to confirm,just in case I'm wrong, but YIKES you don't mistake that sound. Good luck.

EDIT- I found my headphones and listened to the post above mine, and I guess it could have been the gray fox too. *shug*. But the sound I heard that was similar to the one you posted coupled with all the missing cats = mine was a fisher.

Last edited:
I am actually cracking up reading this, because EVERYBODY has a different answer. If the OP said she found that it sounds EXACTLY like a cougar, AND cougars are prevalent in the area, then gee, do ya think it is probably a cougar?

Get a motion sensor light and game cam. Have your coop/run fortified either with materials or an electric fence system, and rest easy. It is a noise and it isn't out to get you. It is an animal and you live in or near the woods.

Stop beating this poor dead horse. It is dead.

Quote:
geeze, were all just sharing creepy sounding animal noises. Im sure if the O.P. has a problem with it they will let us know and have the post shut down. You dont have to keep reading.

I love reading these posts, I have pictures in my head of people hiding under the bed, walking around in flip flops and a switch in the middle of the night. This has been very entertaining. And I am still curious as to what it was. And I plan on checking back untill we find out lol

Quote:
geeze, were all just sharing creepy sounding animal noises. Im sure if the O.P. has a problem with it they will let us know and have the post shut down. You dont have to keep reading.

thumbsup.gif

Ummm..yeah. What she said...I don't see anyone else, complaining...most of us were having fun with this!
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom