It's a girl Or a boy????? HELP

rainbowsandy

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2015
Kentucky
I have 3, 8 almost 9 week old chickens. I don't know the breed or the sex. I think 2 are roosters but unsure. Would someone with more expertise be able to help?
[/IMG]

Hi Cluck cluck, you think they are all girls? YAY. 2 of them have green in their tails that really concerned me. YAY, I was really hoping for girls. Can you possibly tell what breed?

Oh crud, I misunderstood. I thought hopiegirl meant girls. I just saw Hopiegirls post. Thanks Hopiegirl and Cluck cluck. I guess I didn't get my wish. Is it possible for two roosters to live in the same coop? As of right now they are inseperable, buddy buddy.

two boys and a girl.

It's possible for 2 roos to get along together but, once their hormones start raging, they may fight over the hens. Roosters can handle 10 hens each, less than that and the hens can be overbred. Do you have 20 hens to keep them content? You would probably need to set them up as separate flocks otherwise the Alpha rooster would probably take over all 20.

Oh No!!!! I only have 6 hens. I guess I need to find a new home for one of the roosters. Crud, I raised them from the egg and they all love to perch on me and never run from me. My heart is breaking right now.

Back
Top Bottom