It's coming together!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gvntofly05, Sep 26, 2009.

1. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    My husband and I finally got the coop framed out today! Next weekend we will be sheeting it. I am so happy it is finally coming together. I am thinking the run is by far going to be the easiest, compared to the coop itself. My chicks are only a week old but I won't be able to relax until that darned coop is done![​IMG]

2. ecopepper

ecopepper Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Orlando Florida
    Take lots of pictures!! Congrats!! It took us forever but we finally got done with ours.....opps did I mention I want more ventilation?? My poor DH!!!

3. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    I thought the run would be easier too. We have a lot of preditors here so by the time i made the run predator proof it turned into more work and money than the coop. I tend to over do things so hopefully you won't have as much in your as i do. Good Luck and post pics.

4. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I will definitely be posting some pics soon. I was so preoccupied today that I didn't even think about it.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  5. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    i took advice from patandchickens about ventilation, my coop dosen't smell ever and no flies either. Leaving with a horse pasture for a backyard, says something.

6. lbug

lbug Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    Danville, California
    We covered all the windows and openings of the old gazebo with wire and covered with wood shavings. And there you have it, our chicken coop!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  7. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Would love to see pics of the gazebo conversion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by