It's official, I can't wait anymore I'm going to plant inside

stone_family3

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
New York
Mostly herbs, carrots and radishes. I have started growing a potato, green onions, a purple onion and celery in some water. I just can't take it anymore I need spring to hurry up and get here.

Im gonna start a garden in my chicken pen fenced off as weeds never grow there i do want to buy some trees this year to. :)

I hear ya on the spring fever. I even bought a tiny little indoor "greenhouse" at TSC yesterday so that I can start some plants in peat pots right now. It's just so nice out that it makes me dream of fresh veggies. I guess if I have a little greenhouse I can transplant them up a couple of times if the weather outside doesn't cooperate.

I'm with ya'll. I'm out in my garden hand tilling whenever it's a nice day (ie-sun, above 40, and little wind). I'm really considering making mini greenhouses out of coke bottles just so I can start some seedlings.

This is why I have a greenhouse ... so I can grow during those dark days of winter ... However, even I, with broccoli, cabbage, kale, and celery growing like wild fire have all my seed packets laid out planning and organizing. We even moved compost into two of the raised beds yesterday so I can get some lettuce and spinach planted. As soon as I find some starting soil my tomatoes will be going in too.

What I want to know is how other people don't get this same itch and yearning to plant and grow things?
idunno.gif

After two dreary days of rain and gray blah and more promised this weekend, I gave in. Bought some garden soil and planted about 30 coke bottles with seeds. Going to do more this weekend.

I planted this week too. Lettuce, beets, spinach, and broccoli rabe. Now if I can keep the cats from digging in it I'll be golden. Gotta get the tomatoes started though or I won't get them in the ground early enough to get a crop before the heat sets in.

Back
Top Bottom