It's official....I hate mils dog and cats

Kitt

Songster
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Texas
My little OE hens and roo has been in the back for awhile now. No one ever flew out. They were happy in their big area with shade trees, little frogs and bugs. Today my mil had the idea to take her little hound/chihuahua mix out in the back to let him "play" with the birds and let her cats out. Not good.
rant.gif
:he

The dog tried to go after the hens and to give my girls credit...they whooped him. Then the roo got in on it. I got the dog in and her stupid cats decided to go after a hen. Well the hens got so darn riled up they flew over the fence and the roo went too. Now they are running on over 6 acres and there is no way I can catch them. These aren't the most friendly birds but we were working on it.

So tonight I have to try to find them and get them back.

wish me luck

sending lucky horse shoes to you I hope you find them and bring them back safe before something else finds them and makes them a meal. argggggggg stupid MIL's critters. Kim

I don't understand why people think it's cute to let their dogs "play" with the chickens. They don't like it, it's mean to the chickens. I have a few friends who try to bring their dogs over to play/chase my chickens. Their dogs go on a leash or in a kennel, there are labs next door that i don't want to be feeding a chicken dinner to.
Good luck catching your chickens.

Thanks everyone. When I went out to start finding them they were running back and forth wanting in the coop. I was soo relieved to see them safe and sound. Thanks again everyone for the good wishes on finding them.

Back
Top Bottom