Its official

wilkinsfarm2020

Songster
Feb 5, 2020
I have one male and one female royal palm turkeys!

Is it bad that I like making the male mad so he will ruffle his feathers for mešŸ˜‚

Attachments

• 20200303_091415.jpg
    20200303_091415.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 17
Gobbling at them Makes them mad?! He's pretty friendly we handle them both daily.
Any loud noise will make them gobble. And fan out usually. Mine are perpetually fanned out. My other half has convinced his friends he has my turkeys trained to gobble on command when he yells something that rhymes with tammel-foe (I just couldnā€™t get myself to type it but Iā€™m sure you get it). But they just donā€™t know that any sudden loud noise will get that reaction. I suppose it was funny the first couple times but now heā€™s sorta notorious for the ā€œtrainedā€ turkeys. City people sometimes... the crap theyā€™ll believe about livestock. Anyway, thatā€™s the long and short of that IMO.

Any loud noise will make them gobble. And fan out usually. Mine are perpetually fanned out. My other half has convinced his friends he has my turkeys trained to gobble on command when he yells something that rhymes with tammel-foe (I just couldnā€™t get myself to type it but Iā€™m sure you get it). But they just donā€™t know that any sudden loud noise will get that reaction. I suppose it was funny the first couple times but now heā€™s sorta notorious for the ā€œtrainedā€ turkeys. City people sometimes... the crap theyā€™ll believe about livestock. Anyway, thatā€™s the long and short of that IMO.
OMG don't even get me started on gobbling it is a constant from mine! šŸ™„ Sometimes I just want to go out there with a shot gun, the only reason they are still around is because I love them to bits šŸ˜‚. Mine are always puffed out because I have six males and only two females currently so they are all trying to impress the two ladies. šŸ˜‚ Hoping for some more ladies soon to even the numbers out!

OMG don't even get me started on gobbling it is a constant from mine! šŸ™„ Sometimes I just want to go out there with a shot gun, the only reason they are still around is because I love them to bits šŸ˜‚. Mine are always puffed out because I have six males and only two females currently so they are all trying to impress the two ladies. šŸ˜‚ Hoping for some more ladies soon to even the numbers out!
I know. Right. You canā€™t even talk to someone in a normal tone without being drowned out by gobbling if theyā€™re outside anywhere near you. And mine follow me around everywhere. PS- I love mine to bits too. Lucky little sh$&s.

Works if you're cruisin for a bruisin . A tom attacking can be dangerous .... And hard to untrain.... But he will taste great
Yep, they hurt when they get mad! One of my males (Maggot 1) I raised from a two day old baby because his mum got spooked by a fox so killed all but one of her babies so I had to rescue him. The only thing he would eat when he was a little were maggot, which is why I named him that. Well for the first year he was lovely but ever since (he is now 3) he had attacked me every morning when I let them out. Very rude. šŸ˜‚ I have given up trying to be friends with him i now just keep my distance!

I know. Right. You canā€™t even talk to someone in a normal tone without being drowned out by gobbling if theyā€™re outside anywhere near you. And mine follow me around everywhere. PS- I love mine to bits too. Lucky little sh$&s.
Yep I try to talk to people in the garden and I have gobbling coming from every angle! I have the two females and my two older males in a coop in the yard and the four younger males are up in by field with some of the chickens (had to separate them from the other four because they were just fighting their fathers all of the time!) Mine dont follow me around anymore I used to have some that did but they are long gone now!

20200220_144836.jpg

From left to right:
Brenda III, Maggot I, Brenda IV and Brian IV.

20200220_181122.jpg

From left to right:
Maggot III, Brian V, Maggot II and Brian VI

As you can probably tell, I am very good at coming up with new turkey names! šŸ˜‚

Yep I try to talk to people in the garden and I have gobbling coming from every angle! I have the two females and my two older males in a coop in the yard and the four younger males are up in by field with some of the chickens (had to separate them from the other four because they were just fighting their fathers all of the time!) Mine dont follow me around anymore I used to have some that did but they are long gone now!

View attachment 2044573
From left to right:
Brenda III, Maggot I, Brenda IV and Brian IV.

View attachment 2044576
From left to right:
Maggot III, Brian V, Maggot II and Brian VI

As you can probably tell, I am very good at coming up with new turkey names! šŸ˜‚
Theyā€™re beautiful. I have some huge giant 68pound BB pets that manage just fine and they are 2018 hatched. And I have the recessive slate, recessive lilac and silver dapple.

Back
Top Bottom