It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
I do a rice goulash that we love watched Alton brown one night he did rice in a different way.. Take the rice into a pre heated skillet just a tab of butter, let the rice open good then add hot water bring to a boil cover, turn the burner down stir often cook till water is gone ..
Makes the best rice

First let me confess to always being short on time so "cheating" by using some packaged items in my cooking.

Veggie beef soup

8 cups water
1/8-1/4 cup knorr beef bullion (start with 1/8th and adjust to taste)
1 can 16 ounces diced tomatoes (I use ones I canned from the garden)
3 stalks celery thinly sliced
1 celery heart including leaves finely chopped
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 pound beef cut into small pieces and pan seared
1 pound frozen mixed veggies (I like the mix that includes lima beans)

Bring everything except the frozen veggies to a boil then simmer covered for one hour. Add veggies and simmer another hour. Taste the broth and add more seasonings or water until it is how you like it.

Simple to make. This soup freezes very well too.

I'm not really a soup person, but this looks good :drool

As do so many in this thread 😁

Chicken Dumplings

Simmer on back of stove all day and debone stock. Add celery, onion and carrots and any other extras you feel like. Season accordingly. I prefer using chicken bouillon instead of salt.

Now proper dumplings

1 egg
1 cup of flour
Pinch salt
Enough water to make stiff dough.

Roll it out on counter about 1/4” thick. Cut into strips with cutter. Add to boiling stock. Once they float, boil additional five minutes and stir in corn starch mixed with water until stock is thickened to your liking.

Serve with hot sourdough fresh baked.

Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 c Flour
1 c Brown sugar
1/2 c White sugar
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla
1 c Mocha mix
2 eggs
2 tblsp Butter
1 to 2 c Chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°F.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and cappuccino mix.

In a separate medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add vanilla and egg and beat until smooth.

Mix dry ingredients into the batter. Stir in Chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonful’s onto and ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest a few minutes. Using a spatula, transfer cookies from baking sheet to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Makes 48 cookies.

Scotch Eggs

Ingredients

1 lb bulk pork sausage
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
3/4 all-purpose flour
1 cup Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten

Steps

Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix pork sausage, onion and salt. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties.

Roll each hard-cooked egg in flour to coat; place on sausage patty and shape sausage around egg. Dip each into beaten egg; coat with bread crumbs to cover completely. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 35 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink near egg.

Cheated cinnamon rolls

Prepare a basic Pizza Crust (below). Separately prepare streusel filing:
2 Tbsp Flour
½ cup Sugar (white or brown)
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Butter or Oil

Stretch dough into a long rectangle. Cover with streusel mix. Roll up and
slice into 4 – 6 rolls. Arrange in pan and bake approximately 10 minutes or until desired done

Pasta Recipe

Ingredients

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 large tomato, finely chopped
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
5 green onions, finely chopped
1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
5 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Directions

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomato, celery and green onions.

In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon.

This last one I use for brownies my go to
Guinness Brownies

1 12-oz bottle Guinness Extra Stout
3/4 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chop up a bar or use chips)
1 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
Frosting
1/2 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 Cups confectioners’ sugar
2-3 Tablespoon of the reduced Guinness
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. In a small saucepan, bring the Guinness to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and simmer until reduced down to 2/3 Cup (about 25 minutes). Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes. use 1/2 Cup in the brownies the rest in the frosting.
2. Preheat the oven to 350*. Line a 9"x9" pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out. Set aside.
3. Place the butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. Whisk in the sugar and 1/2 Cup of reduced Guinness until completely combined. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk in the flour, salt and espresso powder. Pour evenly into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 30-32 minutes
5. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Frost

This last one I use for brownies my go to
Guinness Brownies

1 12-oz bottle Guinness Extra Stout
3/4 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chop up a bar or use chips)
1 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
Frosting
1/2 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 Cups confectioners’ sugar
2-3 Tablespoon of the reduced Guinness
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. In a small saucepan, bring the Guinness to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce to medium heat and simmer until reduced down to 2/3 Cup (about 25 minutes). Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes. use 1/2 Cup in the brownies the rest in the frosting.
2. Preheat the oven to 350*. Line a 9"x9" pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out. Set aside.
3. Place the butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. Whisk in the sugar and 1/2 Cup of reduced Guinness until completely combined. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk in the flour, salt and espresso powder. Pour evenly into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 30-32 minutes
5. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Frost

That looks like my recipe from the Home Baker's thread.
#27,253

Not sure what it has to do with a soup thread?

Back
Top Bottom