1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's time to call Speckledhen

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cetawin, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    It is 4:11 am here which means it should be somewhere around 7:11 am there....surely she is up. She has chickens! Suede has called out already I am sure. Dutch and Mace have spoken already.....have they not? Zane surely must be calling Mama [​IMG]

Naaaa not gonna do it but it was a fun thought. GOOD MORNING CYN!

PS I have been getting light snow most of the night. grrrrrr

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Well, I'm not Speckled. Or a hen. But good morning!

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    And Good Morning to you! [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good morning... it's 6 AM here. And no snow!

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Good morning Ceta................. any updates on the beadwork....need more pics....... or I'll phone you!

6. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    Good Morning Cetawin! Its 6:08 here and we have Mahonris snow mixed with rain going on!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good morning, Ladyhawke! [​IMG] I am moving slowly today. No snow, but it's 30 degrees outside. DH turned down the monitors so I can barely hear them crowing. They are still in the coops. Zane, bless his heart, only crows in the middle of the day.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Is there a "When will Cyn reach 22,222 post thread on here yet?

It may be too late?[​IMG]

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I am sad to report that progress on Suede has been slow. There has been much beading, pulling them out, beading, pulling them out and several choice words over the "Blue just isn't right" "Why can't they make a blue grey bead?" blah blah blah

So, he looks about the same except many more tiny holes in the deerhide. But I promise to post pictures soon of even the small progress. [​IMG]

Cyn what do you mean he turned off the monitors? How could he? Does he not understand that you need to hear the children? I may have to actually talk to him next time (beyond "Hello! Is Cyn home? May I speak to her please? Thank you" ) I call just to let him know of these important issues.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I know, LOL, I need to hear my kids! One monitor is in the grow-out coop and I hear chicks all night long. The other is in the main coop where I can hear the roosters crowing. What's the point of having a monitor if you turn it down, right??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by