It's too early, but what the heck. Silkie guesses? :) PIC HEAVY

featherz

Veggie Chick
13 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Saratoga County, NY
I'll post here if I get an egg or a crow out of any of these just as an update.

Almost 9 weeks old, but I know with silkies that's really early! Anyone want to take a wild guess? I plan on keeping at least one of the roos if I can get away with it, although I'll keep as many as I can get away with since they're so adorable.
tongue.png
If they are ALL boys I guess I'll be hatching more eggs next year!

1. Black silkie #1:
P1000930.jpg

P1000931.jpg

2. Black silkie #2 - this one was HARD to get a pic of! s/he will not sit still!:
P1000934.jpg

3. Partridge showgirl:
P1000935.jpg

P1000936.jpg

4. White Silkie
P1000938.jpg

P1000939.jpg

5. Splash? Silkie - this one is the biggest and most agressive, so I am thinking roo here.
P1000940.jpg

P1000943.jpg

P1000945.jpg

6. Black Silkie #3
P1000950.jpg

P1000952.jpg

I have to agree, all roo's except the white one.
The naked neck is just toooo cute
love.gif
, I laughed out loud when I saw that one, you can send him to me if you dont want him!
lol.png

Hahahahahha ! Well it's ok, we shall see in a month or two.. or threee.
smile.png
If they are all roos, I'll keep the showgirl and rehome the rest!
smile.png
I have a ton of other roos to rehome from my non silkie hatch too, but waiting until they are six weeks to post those for your guesses. Some are so obvious I won't bother (the ones with huge red combs at three weeks.. doh!).

I sold half this hatch because I had too many - just my luck I kept all the roos!
smile.png
And yes, the showgirl has a single comb. Not sure how that happened, but I wasn't even expecting to get a showgirl so it's all a surprise to me!

Last edited:
Actually, I missed one. not sure why, but I have one more grey colored silkie that I didn't get a shot of - poor thing, forgotten. LOL Based on your comments, that one may be female as s/he has the rounder head poof like the white one and no comb to speak of. So I may have five males and two females. We'll see in a few more months, I guess!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom