I've fallen out of chicken love

For you that may be so but for some of us we have chickens only for eggs. I like these little critters and they sure do make me laugh but if they weren't giving us eggs to eat we wouldn't have them. Not everyone can afford to (or WANTS to) feed animals that don't give something back.
do your self a favor...Dont think money is everything. i know that chickens need money to survive, but in my case I hate having so much stinking money i cant even trust my closest human friends! Thats why i raise chickens, they dont know what money is.... I kinda wish I was a chicken!...innocent

do your self a favor...Dont think money is everything. i know that chickens need money to survive, but in my case I hate having so much stinking money i cant even trust my closest human friends! Thats why i raise chickens, they dont know what money is.... I kinda wish I was a chicken!...innocent
Glad you have that much money. Some of us don't, and have to balance things out. From a farming perspective, it's just bad business to feed an animal that gives no return. I'm talking livestock, not pets, although on many farms and ranches even the dogs and cats have jobs.

Glad you have that much money. Some of us don't, and have to balance things out. From a farming perspective, it's just bad business to feed an animal that gives no return. I'm talking livestock, not pets, although on many farms and ranches even the dogs and cats have jobs.
i meant no offence i am so sorry if i did offend my monies came from NYSE stock trading... now im a dream come true farmer chickens, land, and also feed the poor and needy... God loves us you and me, so forgive my arrogance thank you

No offense taken. I just wanted to point out the fact that for some, chickens are not pets. They are livestock. Enjoyable, fun to watch, but livestock non the less.

I truly am happy for you that you are in a position to help the needy and are living your dream come true.

I'm feeling better about them. Partly because I seem to be getting an egg a day now, but also they're doing some cuter things - like when one of them is laying they both have to go into the coop and make a fuss. Two little girls holding hands while one lays! Also today I didn't think I would get an egg because there wasn't one in the nest box when I took them over to their free range bit in the vege garden. I had to let them out early because I'm working a later shift. Anyway, I just went and put them back in their enclosed run AND THERE"S AN EGG! These girls broke out of their vege garden netted area, walked across the garden to their coop, laid an egg and then broke back into the veg garden! That's hilarious! Usually I just range them in the area by the coop. I probably don't need to bother with netting anymore, do I? They know exactly what they're doing!

For you that may be so but for some of us we have chickens only for eggs. I like these little critters and they sure do make me laugh but if they weren't giving us eggs to eat we wouldn't have them. Not everyone can afford to (or WANTS to) feed animals that don't give something back.

I have the same attitude. The chickens are expected to be useful. There are not even plants in my garden that don't produce something edible for either me or chickens. The only freeloader is the cat, and even he's expected to deal to rats that are attracted to the walnut tree. Chickens that don't lay wouldn't last long around here - with exception of elderly chickens that have spent years laying for me. They've earned their retirement - and if they debug the garden at the same time, all the better.

This may not be the case with your girls but, if you free range them, maybe they are laying eggs somewhere else and you haven't noticed them.

Your birds sounds like real characters, that's why folks really enjoy watching "Chicken TV," live performances, no reruns or commercials, no cable bills. What's not to like?

This may not be the case with your girls but, if you free range them, maybe they are laying eggs somewhere else and you haven't noticed them.
Yes, even though they went home to lay that time, watch out that they don't find other places they like. I'm constantly finding stashes of eggs in my garden. If I really need eggs, I keep them confined until later in the day after they've "done their thing" in the coop and not in the bushes.

Back
Top Bottom