I've gone over the edge- I'm a peeping thomasina!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by suzettex5, Nov 20, 2010.

1. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Yep- my love of my chooks has sent me over the edge. Past the point of no return. I am such a peeping thomas-ina with a chicken addiction!

I bought, and installed, TWO, color, wireless, night vision capable cameras in my barn/coop!! Just so I can turn on my TV and watch Chicken TV while kicking back in the comfort of my king size!! Oh yeah, I did that. I am somewhat proud AND embarrassed. Proud to have it and to have had installed it myself, yet embarrassed to tell non-chicken people lest they discover just how INTO my flock I really am! (now I have to figure a way to hook themup to an alternative battery system since there is no electric out there and the 9 volt batteries only last so many hours unless I run out and unplug them and plug em back in all the time).

I know I'm not the only one to do it. I just cant be. I couldnt even bring myself to tell my DH how much the system cost, I just told him to consider my Christmas taken care of. He is still very suspicious.

I have to say, I LOVE IT!! Its so fun to see them just being chooks while no one is around them. Its like watching National Geographic, but on a much smaller, more feathery scale. So darned entertaining! The kids were soooo funny when we first got it going- pranks and silly behavior went on for hours!

Sooooo, anyone else have chicken cams going?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  2. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    [​IMG] This made me laugh! Unfortunetly yes that is something i would do!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    I think I'd like one. I find the way they behave when roosting to be extremely funny - they are absolutely comatose.

4. suzettex5

May 26, 2009
    California
    You can find alot of systems on CL. But I went right to Radio Shack. I couldnt resist. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh honey I posted the link to my chicken cam, but so many people were on it, I had to take the link down. I couldn't even get online!!!

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I like to watch mine on my game cam. I set it to take 3-picture sequences, so it's like watching in stop motion!!
    I run out after work to get the cam and upload all my pix LOL

7. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Might as well go on and have hubby run the electric.

Convince him its for the heated water dish.

8. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    I'd like one on my babies downstairs!

9. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Now that is a TRUE CHICK FLICK!!! [​IMG]

10. suzettex5

May 26, 2009
    California
    Quote:Ohhh, now I need detailed instructions on how to do that!! Oh wait, that might be a bad idea....it could turn into a horror show very quickly with how often I go out there in my jammies and flip flops sans a shower and make-up! [​IMG]

But still...could be fun for awhile. (at least, until I get nominated for one of those 'worst dressed' reality shows!!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by