I'VE GOT WORMS!!!

lilchick

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Williamsport In.
Well not me but my chickens...
I was sitting on porch of chicken cabin this a.m. holding a couple pet roos. I looked down at fresh poo and saw it moving! Took a stick an messed in it and there were tiny white thread like worms!
Must be round worms. Time to get the wazine out...... I do not worm monthly, probably should.
How often do others on here worm their chickens?

I have actually been thinking of worming after they get back to normal from moult, but through the years, I have never needed to give them worm medication.
Like I said, once I have an extra buck or twenty, I'll be treating the girls.

Sorry to hear "YOU" have worms-
lau.gif

Gross, I know!!! I sure hope I don't come back as a roundworm.

You shouldn't need to worm monthly. Annual may do the trick (depending upon lots of factors), with perhaps pumpkin seeds in other months......

JJ

sickbyc.gif
..what is the best thing to use for a wormer?...i want to give mine some..just in case...because they havent been wormed yet. thanks, Wendy

If you do a search on this site under worming or worms or wormer there will be lots of posts with various products mentioned so that you can see which you prefer. I've used Ivomec Eprinex - lots of info about that will come up as well..
JJ

there are some "natural" worming methods......which I don't use necessarily-but on the other hand if you wormed monthly you could almost never eat the eggs--. I have only heard of someone cracking an egg once and finding a worm, but that would be all it would take for me!
duc.gif

Back
Top Bottom