I've never had a fresh egg before, especially not my pets egg....

I had to force myself to eat the first plate of scrambled eggs I made from fresh eggs. But OMG they are SO much tastier than store bought.

When you realize that grocery store bought eggs are in a state of decomposition, you'll understand that eating your fresh eggs is a better alternative. The first part of the egg to decompose is the white, which becomes runnier. Crack one of your hens' fresh eggs and one store bought egg together into a hot frying pan and look at the difference. The fresh egg will stay firm and close, while the grocery store egg white will spread out. Decomposition. Yuck. Your backyard eggs come from healthy, well fed hens who lay on clean surfaces. Are you absolutely sure that's the case with your grocery store eggs? Moreover, if you don't have a rooster, your eggs aren't fertile and you are NOT eating a chick waiting to happen.
wink.png
Plus, buying grocery store eggs supports the VERY inhumane conditions under which factory farm hens must live. When you buy eggs from a grocery store, you allow that cruelty to continue with your funding. It's a bad deal, all around.
Look at it this way, your hens will lay whether you eat the eggs or not...and after all, ALL eggs, either from backyard or grocery store, ultimately come from the same place!
wink.png
Fresh, clean food is always best.

Last edited:
rhs7111[b :

]When you realize that grocery store bought eggs are in a state of decomposition,[/b] you'll understand that eating your fresh eggs is a better alternative. The first part of the egg to decompose is the white, which becomes runnier. Crack one of your hens' fresh eggs and one store bought egg together into a hot frying pan and look at the difference. The fresh egg will stay firm and close, while the grocery store egg white will spread out. Decomposition. Yuck. Your backyard eggs come from healthy, well fed hens who lay on clean surfaces. Are you absolutely sure that's the case with your grocery store eggs? Moreover, if you don't have a rooster, your eggs aren't fertile and you are NOT eating a chick waiting to happen.
wink.png
Plus, buying grocery store eggs supports the VERY inhumane conditions under which factory farm hens must live. When you buy eggs from a grocery store, you allow that cruelty to continue with your funding. It's a bad deal, all around.
Look at it this way, your hens will lay whether you eat the eggs or not...and after all, ALL eggs, either from backyard or grocery store, ultimately come from the same place!
wink.png
Fresh, clean food is always best.

O.M.G
ep.gif
now that you just said that I'm compleatly Grossed out!!!!! lol

OH to those of you who have Family saying "i'd never eat a egg that came from your chicken".. I"d get you a Egg Carton from the store bough eggs.. Im sure someone you know will have one.. and when they come for breakfast tell them You just bought eggs for them... and how do they want their eggs. and make them some of "your eggs" taking them out of that "store bought" carton.. and I bet you anything They wont notice lol.

thta is what I have to do with my kids. When we start to get Eggs from our chicken. I'm going to have to not tell them that "chick chick" layed this egg.. or when the chickletts are old enough to lay.. I can't say a word to them. lol I just from now till They start to lay.. will have to get some store eggs for them (i'm serriously not gonna touch another egg till Mine lay after reading what RHS said.
sickbyc.gif
. and Collect them nifty cartons.. and I'm going to ask my mom n uncle to save them for me and my Neiborhs across the road.. I'll offer them some eggs for​

Back
Top Bottom