ive posted this alot but im POSITIVE I got a cuckoo marans this time!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ShortCircuitRanch2332, May 13, 2011.

1. ShortCircuitRanch2332

ShortCircuitRanch2332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    I got her a few days ago but due to some situations i havent had the chance to post any pics but she Looks identical to the marans ive seen online I have been through a 100 pics and she fits dang near perfectly! so please tell me this is what I have been hunting for [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Can't see the legs, but she looks cuckoo marans to me. The real tell-tale is the leg color. It's white on cuckoo marans, yellow on barred rocks.

3. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

here is my BR pullet, younger than yours, but I believe I see a bit of yellow leg sticking out under her belly....Barred Rock...sorry, post another shot, of her legs...

4. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    It is the leg color. Like they said. Yellow br, white cm. The other thing. I jave br and cm. The barred rocks feathers are lighter like yours. Rooster feathers on cm are really bright like that but my hens are darker. I ve got pics on my fb.

5. ShortCircuitRanch2332

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    her feet look REALLY white compared to my barred rocks legs
    heres a pic of the 2 of them
    [​IMG]
    heres her legs
    [​IMG]
    here she is again
    [​IMG]
    and here is the roo
    [​IMG]

6. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    The last pic you just posted where it says "heres the roo" thats not a boy, males are light colored like the picture were you compared your new one to your barred rock cockeral. hens loose the color in there legs as they get older, I believe it looks like an older barred rock hen

7. ShortCircuitRanch2332

Mar 12, 2011
    Oak Hills
    Hmm so there both hens then so what your all saying is they are both barred rocks? And the barred rock is a hen just So ya know lol gahh so once again I am empty handed guess there is no good breeders of Marsha anywhere near me that was my last option people that sell things saying it's something else URK me oh well ill just keep my eyes out for a chance to snag one [​IMG]

8. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    There could still be a chance that they are Marans, they really don't look like it though. You will have to wait until they lay there first eggs.

9. montverdechick

montverdechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2007
    Central Florida
    Looks like a barred rock or Dominique to me. I have dominiques and they lookma lot like that. My cuckoo marans has pinkish legs.

Sorry.

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Those are barred rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by