Ivermectin Experiment

What do you consider reoccurring issue?
Do you treat with ivermectin on an actual schedule like every 3months, 6 months, 12 months etc or do you treat them when you notice they have lice or mites? If that’s the case how soon does a bird end up with lice or mites again after being treated with ivermectin?

Sorry, I missed these. :oops:
How often do you treat birds with ivermectin for lice and mites? How soon did you notice lice and or mites back on a bird that was previously treated with ivermectin?
That's a good question! Some I have never treated, some might get treated twice a year.
There are a ton of variables when it comes to bird and bugs. How often a bird is able to dust bathe, the weather, certain birds are just more susceptible to infestations while others nearby barely have any. Some birds can die quickly from a mite infestation while others seem totally fine
I agree!
Luckily I haven't seen any northern fowl mites here, just the occasional red roost might.

Sorry, I missed these. :oops:

That's a good question! Some I have never treated, some might get treated twice a year.

I agree!
Luckily I haven't seen any northern fowl mites here, just the occasional red roost might.
For the birds that get treated twice a year are you saying they’ve been treated and then they had lice and or mites again within 6 months?

Back
Top Bottom