Jam & Jelly swap! CLOSED - post when you receive yours!

I have sent my Jam today and it should arrive by Tuesday or shortly thereafter. 8/12/09 The recipe is included in the pkg. I place it here in case you can't read my lousy "chicken scratch"? LOL

Spiced Pineapple Rhubarb

2 Cups finely sliced rhubarb
2 Cups crushed Pineapple
5 1/2 Cups sugar
1/8 tsp Allspice
1/8 tsp Clove
1/8 tsp Star Anise
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1 TBS or less Cinnamon
1Pkg fruit pectin

Grind spices in coffee grinder and add to fruit.
Follow pectin directions for cooking I cooked it 7 mins.
Can appropriately.
Let sit for at least 2 weeks to firm up.

I don't make jams very often so this is a real treat, I am hoping it firms up well, my mom would always have me cook it until it would stick to the back of a spoon and make little balls when falling off but I find her jams to be too hard so I just followed the directions this time.

I didn't really measure the spices they just sounded good to me and I did use whole spice. I found the flavor reminded me of Christmas and couldn't wait for it to firm up. It was to die for! YUMMY!

The Rhubarb grows in my yard and has been there for years sometimes we eat it and sometimes not, but I am thankful we are putting it to use this year and I hope you enjoy it as much as I.

Allie
smile.png

Last edited:
Mine went out today, but I sent it to the wrong person! *face smack*
My spaciness is your reward.
I'll ship to WI tomorrow.
baaa-----that's me being sheepish.

Last edited:
I'm scrambling getting ready for the year, can I blame it on that? I have to rewrite the curriculum outlines for the entire year for five classes (four now, I did one yesterday). Ptooey.

I'm running way behind, the fair used more time than I was told, I had to be there from 9 in the morning to 10 at night, so shipping was almost impossible, I'll be shipping yet today or tomorrow at the latest, SORRY, if I would have realize that that my time was going to be so short I would not have signed up.

Back
Top Bottom