James Marie Pharaoh vs. American Pharaoh quail?

I have a 4'x4'x4' wood box I made that I think should work. As for how many I want to hatch out I figure I might have a low hatch rate just because I'm a first time quail hatcher. So I'm going to see how many eggs the quail rails for my incubator will hold then I'll order as close to that amount as possibe.
Sorry it took me so long to reapond. I was sick
sad.png

If you keep your temperature and humidity where they should be, you should have a 50~75% hatch rate. Robby at JMF said to keep the humidity in my incubator at 50% until day 13, then stop the autoturn and go to 60% humidity.

I started with a 4'x4' two foot walled brood pen myself. It worked well until they started stretching their wings to fly.

Sorry to hear you were ill. I'm glad you are doing better now.
wee.gif

put my JMF eggs on lockdown yesterday. As I moved them from the rack I candled them and removed any that didn't develop. Out of the 72 eggs I got in from JMF I found that 43 didn't develop. Which was what I was expecting. So hoping to get some of these wonderful eggs hatched and have just enough to start a line of them.

The next batch I have going in will have some Jumbo Pharaoh from another breeder in Florida. I'll let you know about those eggs and what they are like when everyone hatches and grows.

Oh and I'm putting in some red quail varieties (eggs to hatch) along with some italian speckled. Hoping to have enough to set up 6 breeding sets at the end of all the purchased eggs. 2 sets of the jumbo pharaoh, 2 reds, 2 italian.

My eggs are hatching!!! They started yesterday and out of 60 (or so) eggs in the incubator I'm up to 31 hatched and they are still coming. Very happy with the JMF eggs already. You can see the difference in the chicks right away (and I don't mean their color) The JMF chicks are notably bigger than the chicks from my local birds. I'll try weighing some to see what the weight difference is on hatch day.

In this picture the chick on the bottom of the thermostat is a JMF compare that to the chick just above it. They both hatched this morning.

Must be the cold weather because they are still hatching. But my second order of eggs came in the mail and I got them started in another incubator. These are the italian speckled quail. AND while I was on the phone with Robby I found out he was taking pre orders for the Silver and blue quail varieties. They are going to start shipping eggs in April. Talk about timing!

Last edited:
Urrr I've been trying to order since April of 2014 no luck yet i finally got Robby to email me and i placed an order but haven't heard from him yet.

He told me the best way to get hold of him is to just call. He tries to keep up with the emails but he gets a lot every day. The phone number is on his webpage.

I know it can be hard to be patient when hatching and egg are involved, been there. When you order from JMF you have to realize that Robby himself answers every single phone call and email at James Marie Farms regarding quail. He does that while managing the production and daily operation for the farm which runs around 15000 coturnix of all the colors you've seen on his website and some you haven't.

I'm in lockdown with my JMF quail. :)

The bad weather caused some issues but, Robby/JMF really went the 'extra mile" to help me. He's got a lifetime customer here.

Be patient, keep in mind phone calls on load out days are impossible to answer in most cases & email is hard to manage as well with 100's of messages to sort through each day plus SPAM.

Back
Top Bottom