Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

just candled some of the eggs and most of the eggs...even one from my own group of d'uccles have good amounts of veins! so excited! amazed about the d'uccle egg..had seen the roo do the deed with one hen but not the one that was laying at the time...cant wait to see what the baby looks like!

grow babies grow!

How wonderful! I'm hatching blue and black copper marans and Wheaton ameraucanas. So exciting! They are so cute! Thanks for the pic. I love seeing those cuties!
Hey that's great! What day are you on? I love seeing them too. I've got a black copper hen that's determined to go broody. So guess I'll put a few eggs under her even though I don't really need the chickens. I also breed Welsummers so I think that's what kind I'll be giving her. I hate to waste a good thing by not letting her do what Mother Nature intended for her to do. Lol!

I've been following this thread all along but haven't posted. We made a cooler bater out of things we had laying around. The hydrometer I had was of life proximately 10 percent and when I did my final candle the air self on all the eggs was very very small. I went into lockdown Saturday morning with little hope of anything hatching. I really thought they were all going to drowned. As of yesterday evening when I left for work it was still Grimm. And then this morning when I got home I head 3 Pips! !!Oh check that as I'm reading this one more just pipped oh my goodness I can't believe it. this is our first try trying to incubate eggs so it is very exciting thank you for listening to me rant. oh and by the way we started with 11 eggs 1 got dropped I'm broke while turning and 1 quitter 9 went into lockdown kickin and move in so that's our story everyone else is stories and input thus far that I've read has been very encouraging and helpful.

little silkie hatched in the night...still waiting on 1 Buff guinea...the other 2 are more than a day old already but it finally internally pipped.
next hatch date is Sunday....all from my own flock silver laced and gold laced polish and crosses that someone asked me to incubate for them.
chicken math chicken math chicken math
D.gif

just candled some of the eggs and most of the eggs...even one from my own group of d'uccles have good amounts of veins! so excited! amazed about the d'uccle egg..had seen the roo do the deed with one hen but not the one that was laying at the time...cant wait to see what the baby looks like!

grow babies grow!
fl.gif
pop.gif
jumpy.gif

I've been following this thread all along but haven't posted. We made a cooler bater out of things we had laying around. The hydrometer I had was of life proximately 10 percent and when I did my final candle the air self on all the eggs was very very small. I went into lockdown Saturday morning with little hope of anything hatching. I really thought they were all going to drowned. As of yesterday evening when I left for work it was still Grimm. And then this morning when I got home I head 3 Pips! !!Oh check that as I'm reading this one more just pipped oh my goodness I can't believe it. this is our first try trying to incubate eggs so it is very exciting thank you for listening to me rant. oh and by the way we started with 11 eggs 1 got dropped I'm broke while turning and 1 quitter 9 went into lockdown kickin and move in so that's our story everyone else is stories and input thus far that I've read has been very encouraging and helpful.

don't forget it can take up to 36 hrs until they hatch...
fl.gif
fl.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom