Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Day 26+. I have two eggs that just won't hatch!!!! They are wobbling/pecking sounds, etc...no internal pip that I can see candled. No chirping. Definite movements. What is the longest you'll wait for a hatch?????? 16/20 have hatched days ago (2 died), and waiting. Any success stories? Obviously my bator isn't evenly heating, and I'll be rotating differently next hatch, but stuck with the decision of what to do. How much longer do those little guys need???? I'm out of town in three days so they better hurry!!

Day 26+. I have two eggs that just won't hatch!!!! They are wobbling/pecking sounds, etc...no internal pip that I can see candled. No chirping. Definite movements. What is the longest you'll wait for a hatch?????? 16/20 have hatched days ago (2 died), and waiting. Any success stories? Obviously my bator isn't evenly heating, and I'll be rotating differently next hatch, but stuck with the decision of what to do. How much longer do those little guys need???? I'm out of town in three days so they better hurry!!
WOW I sure hope they hatch for you soon but with the eggs moving they are still alive which is good. :D Good luck!

Oh. My. Goodness...1st Pip!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

That was the way I was on my expected hatch night, then no external pips, so I went to bed and at 1 AM I woke up and went and look and the first one had hatched out. After that it was all over, I was glued to the incubator for the entire day. It is a great experience. I wish I could stay up with you, but I will have to check in in the morning. It is early where you are.

Quote:
I wish I could offer you some advise on this one. I have never experienced this before. If you know that you are not heated evenly it may take another day or so. When was the last candling? I wish you luck. RO

That was the way I was on my expected hatch night, then no external pips, so I went to bed and at 1 AM I woke up and went and look and the first one had hatched out. After that it was all over, I was glued to the incubator for the entire day. It is a great experience. I wish I could stay up with you, but I will have to check in in the morning. It is early where you are.
Yeah, I'm torn between waiting to see if any more pip tonight (2 more did while I was posting about the first one) or trying to lay down for a bit (it's a lil after midnight here) With my luck, that would happen to me and I would miss the first one hatching lol

Without going all the way through the thread tonight, what do you have in the incubator?
I have a few different ones...NHR, BA, BSL, White Plymoth Rock, Polish, EE, BR, RIR. Some are mixed with a RIR rooster and my rooster who I don't know exactly what he is...lol RIR mix or game mix

Back
Top Bottom