Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

hoping I get a peep or pip today or tomorrow!!! I lockeddown sunday, so know i'm a little early, just sooo anxious to see something happening!!!!
fl.gif
I wanna be the person posting cute chick pics!!! lol
wee.gif

So yesterday I went and got 10 and one freebie thrown in Black Blue and Splash orpington chicks all carrying the lavender gene here's to hoping thay are mostly pullets as I also got three lavender orpington roosters yesterday :). I added them to the three surviving chicks from my last hatch and now realize I will have to make a bigger brooder box as they do not have enough room so that is my job for tonight so another trip to Farma nd Fleet for more hard ware cloth and then going to make a wire frame lid to go over a giant box I got from work. Pretty soon I may run out of room. I have three eggs in lockdown they are day 22 over due but hopefully they hatch and then 35 eggs going into lock down on thursday fingers crossed. I also have another 42+ eggs I put in the bator last week I will move them to a turner today as they were shipped eggs with loose Air Cells and I waited to start turning them here's to hoping my hatching percentage increases.

hoping I get a peep or pip today or tomorrow!!! I lockeddown sunday, so know i'm a little early, just sooo anxious to see something happening!!!!
fl.gif
I wanna be the person posting cute chick pics!!! lol
wee.gif

LOL, Hubby is trying to distract me with menial domestic chores, I cannot leave that incubator for long, I can just swear they are moving around...I don't remember laying that one like that and so it goes...It would almost being a blessing if they pipped early lol....

Ended
up with 14 out of 18 original. would have had 15 but 1 pipped, zipped then never finished the job and just died. Not sure what happened. I think the rest told him it wasn't worth it and he just gave up. So know to try and figure out what they are and sex them. Thanks for all the support. Good luck to everyone still hatching.
celebrate.gif

I've had 3 out of 15 hatch so far! I've got a question though- my 3 little peepers are all over the place and tripping over their unborn siblings and their old shells.. Since I don't have any that have pipped externally yet, is it OK to remove their old shells if I am uber quick? I can't stand the mess in there!
barnie.gif

I've had 3 out of 15 hatch so far! I've got a question though- my 3 little peepers are all over the place and tripping over their unborn siblings and their old shells.. Since I don't have any that have pipped externally yet, is it OK to remove their old shells if I am uber quick? I can't stand the mess in there!
barnie.gif

my response is controversial...I do whatever I need to do...and more
wink.png
doesn't affect my hatch...

Ended
up with 14 out of 18 original. would have had 15 but 1 pipped, zipped then never finished the job and just died. Not sure what happened. I think the rest told him it wasn't worth it and he just gave up. So know to try and figure out what they are and sex them. Thanks for all the support. Good luck to everyone still hatching.
celebrate.gif

congrats...they a sure adorable
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

I did have to open mine once but it was because one of the little guys feet became stuck between 2 shells and he couldn't get it out. So I wetted a paper towel with hot water, opened the incubator put the towel in and quickly helped the little peeper out and moved everyone else into the brooder. I left all the egg shells in and avoided keeping the top open for longer than 30 sec. after all they are chickens and are not grading you cleanliness. The humidity instantly dumped from 70% to 35% but when I closed it back it took about 2 minutes to get back to 70% the towel thing worked pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom