Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Little update from here.

Sorry to say after the eggtopsy we discovered that none of the eggs had any chicks in. The eggs were just "eggs" so it looks like none were fertile after all that!
Rooo boy looks like he is firing blanks.

The other bit of sad news is - some of you know we had our wee caroline in the dinning room as she was ill. It was a bit of a joke in that she was "nearer the oven" as DH put it!
Well I went to feed her this morning and she had died in the night. I am a bit upset right now as she was one of my orriginal 6 birds. - She would have been 6 yrs old this year.
hit.gif

So I guess that is the end of the hatching here for a month or so untill we feel like trying again. Which of course we will do!

Oes

Hi,
Dang, I wish I could get some fertile eggs to you.
If anyone deserves a good hatch, it is you and your DH.................
I am sure your little Caroline had the very best chicken life with you. S
hugs.gif
oooo sorry.........

I'm pretty sure I killed my eggs. :( I came home today and realized my incubator has been at 90 degrees since Tuesday night. :( they were supposed to hatch today but I don't see any movement or anything

I'm pretty sure I killed my eggs.
sad.png
I came home today and realized my incubator has been at 90 degrees since Tuesday night.
sad.png
they were supposed to hatch today but I don't see any movement or anything
Don't give up yet.
Maybe they will just be late.................
idunno.gif

Yea wait it out. I thought I killed mine too. My hydrometer was off by more than 10% so I went the whole incubation at lock-down humidity before I knew I had a problem and I still got 8 out of 9 to hatch.

Day 20 twiddling my thumbs and waiting. Patience it a virtue right lol I really could use something positive happening in my life right now.

Back
Top Bottom