Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Wondering how we rate our hatches. There's percentages, but are they not including unfertilized? We include early quitters? Or just what makes it to lockdown? Thanks!
hide.gif

That is about mine!

Oes

Thanks for all the lovely things folk have said about the None chicks and Caroline passing. I really miss her tonight -

I thought about this then the light bulb went off in my head if I tilt the whole bator the water will run out of the tray in the bottom.

Oh! That is a problem then.. hmm..
I do not put water in the bottom tray of mine, I just use a couple of soaking wet sponges and lay them inside. I have had too much trouble trying to get the water back out if the humidity gets too high, the sponges work great for me!

Oh! That is a problem then.. hmm..
I do not put water in the bottom tray of mine, I just use a couple of soaking wet sponges and lay them inside. I have had too much trouble trying to get the water back out if the humidity gets too high, the sponges work great for me!

Sponges would work if they are already in use and the person can get the right amount of sponge in there. On the last 3 days of lockdown I actually use a women's Sanitary Napkin. To put it nicely. They will absorb a lot of water. I never had to refill it during the 3 days.

Sponges would work if they are already in use and the person can get the right amount of sponge in there. On the last 3 days of lockdown I actually use a women's Sanitary Napkin. To put it nicely. They will absorb a lot of water. I never had to refill it during the 3 days.
Hah there's a new one I have never thought of!
gig.gif

Great idea!

So we just candled this egg again today (day 9) that I thought possibly had a blood ring. Confirmed the blood ring and did an eggtopsy...This one was from my own flock..either a BA or a NHR. Here's some pics

Blood ring

Eggtopsy...luckily the only one I've had to pull so far

What do you do when you have a hard time seeing into the egg? I have some blue eggs that I'm having a hard time seeing inside of.

Still nothing happening here.....day21..............
Leaving to go shopping.............
lol.png

Then to start cleaning..................
gig.gif

Geeze, you would think a person would get use to it.

I started a thread for March if anyone is interested............=)
Two us so far.....and I know there are more folks hiding
hide.gif
out there for March chickies..........
Later and good luck to everyone

Guess I'll go check that out..I just more silkie eggs..some sent to me free because I only have one viable egg from the ones sent originally..then, I have some Barred Rocks that will either hatch the last day of this month, or, the first day of March. Plus, I have more coming! Ameraucanas, and More NN's. March! Can you believe it? March! We are excited for March around here, means warmer weather, although, it's been unusually warm here, very unusual for our state, just the opposite as to what is going on in the east. Weird weather this year. And I've hear, that it is going to stay weird. More hot this year for us than normal too for the summer. Ugh!

Guess I'll go check that out..I just more silkie eggs..some sent to me free because I only have one viable egg from the ones sent originally..then, I have some Barred Rocks that will either hatch the last day of this month, or, the first day of March.  Plus,  I have more coming!  Ameraucanas, and More NN's.   March!  Can you believe it?  March!   We are excited for March around here, means warmer weather, although, it's been unusually warm here, very unusual for our state, just the opposite as to what is going on in the east.   Weird weather this year.  And I've hear, that it is going to stay weird.  More hot this year for us than normal too for the summer.  Ugh!  
Good ole El Niño has returned I'm hearing. I am ready for warmer weather too. It's been the one of the coldest winters here we've had in years.
One week old pic of some of my BCMs.

Back
Top Bottom