janoel 48 egg incubator automatic turner humidity?

Pics

incubator addict

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 6, 2012
Hello, I have a janoel 48 egg incubator with an automatic turner and I'm having some problems with humidity. On the instruction manual it says to get it up around 55 to 60 percent but everybody else says to go for 20 to 30 percent. And so can some of you guys help me? This is also my first time hatching eggs and I live in Canberra, Australia. Also what is the humidity for lockdown?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick:D

yes, ya want 30% or so when ya start. I let mine start at 30 or 35 dry to 25 and then add a tespoon or 2 to the bator. on day 18 raise it to 70 and lock it down. dont open it for nothing. hang a sign ...do not touch till they hatch and dry.GL

Hi, I have a 48 egg Janoel Incubator, which I bought a few months ago. I put in about 2 dozen bantum eggs and only hatched 1 chick, I put this down to the eggs coming from young stock. The second time I put in 45 eggs, this time I got 1 chick hatching by its self and 5 unable to to get out by themselves, only two of these survived as I had to help them out. I have a lot if trouble with the humidity, if I fill both channels like the book says it goes up to 62 to 67%, if I only fill 1 channel it is about 56%. It is so frustrating, the temp is very regular never moves but the humidity!!!! Can any one help I have just set another 3 doz eggs, 10 of these I got from a friend as I wondered if my eggs didnt hatch properly because they were bantum eggs and maybe too small for the holders. I would appreciate any information. Kim

hi there with most incubators depending on if it is fan forced or still air. still air humidity should be 55 - 60 for the first 18 days then raise to 70 and fan forced is 55-65 for the first 18 days and 70-75 for the rest try that n see how you go r u candleing your eggs at day 8 to see if the are fertile or not try this n let us know how you go

Thanks for the reply. It is fan forced and at the moment is sitting around 48% to 55% most of the time. Still have a week to go so in 5 days time I will raise the humidity and lock down. I candled the eggs at 10 days and there was about a dozen that were clear, the others looked good, now I just have to get them OUT !! lol

Thanks for the reply. It is fan forced and at the moment is sitting around 48% to 55% most of the time. Still have a week to go so in 5 days time I will raise the humidity and lock down. I candled the eggs at 10 days and there was about a dozen that were clear, the others looked good, now I just have to get them OUT !! lol

Most people will go by the book and the book may tell you to 65% the first 18 days, and 80% the last 3 days. I usually do 30% the first 18 days, and 70% the last 3 days. To be safe, I would advise you to keep your humidity at 40% the first 18 days. It has been proven by many of us that if you incubate the first 18 days at 55-65% humidity your hatch rates will be lower, because the egg will not lose enough of its liquid weight the first 18 days, and by day 20 when it has started to tear through the membrane, the chick will get a gush of water in its nostrils and drown. Usually that's the case of what happens when the egg is cracked open, and the chick is completely formed.

The Jonel 8-49 40 egg incubator is complete rubbish. The instructions are appauling. I sympathise with everyone who have had bad hatches using this Jonel product. If anyone can work out how to disengage the humidity and temperature bleeper I would be most grateful.

I also have purchased one of these. So adding water to more chambers will increase humidity? The instructions are total crap.
Doesn't tell me how many to fill with water.
Can someone please help me on this?

First fill one and let it sit for an hour or so and check the humidity. If its too low then fill the second chamber and check again in an hour. If its still too low then verify that the built in hygrometer is accurate by placing and accurate hygrometer inside the incubator for about an hour and compare it to the built in one. The same goes for the thermometer!! Always Verify the accuracy of the equipment before putting eggs in it. I just bought the same incubator w/ egg turner and an air circulator. The humidity level is off by 13% compared to (2) different ones I placed inside of it. I Placed 41 eggs in it and will let the results be known in 21 days. As far as the alarm goes I believe if you repetitivly hit the (-) button it should disable it. I have yet to try this tho so it may or may not work?? As for humidity I usually start at 50%-55% and at lockdown I go 65%-70%.

Back
Top Bottom