Janoel Incubation Experience

ROUND TWO!

I havw set:
18 Spangled Orpingtons
12 Chocolate Orpingtons
8 Gold laced Orpingtons.

NEW- Meade hygrometer/thermometer. Reading shows that when bator reads 37.5, I'm at 99.5. This could account for my early hatch last time; bator too hot

HUMIDITY- I am doing 25% humidity for first 18 days as A LOT of chicks drowned last time.

HATCHING - I will be laying the eggs down instead of upright in cartons.

Good luck Herons Nest and chickster5003!
pop.gif
I'll be watching to see how you guys go... keep us posted.

I'll be setting a second round of eggs with my Janoel either tomorrow or Thursday. The first round went terribly, likely due to high humidity, with 8 hatched out of 40 at lockdown. Almost all of the remaining eggs had fully formed chicks that did not survive to pip. The surviving chicks hatched on days 19 and 20, so I also had an issue with the temp running a little high.

Changes for Round 2:
I have a Spot Check thermometer/hygrometer arriving today for better monitoring.
Dry incubating.

I'll be setting barnyard mix eggs, probably 3 - 4 dozen.

I'll be setting a second round of eggs with my Janoel either tomorrow or Thursday. The first round went terribly, likely due to high humidity, with 8 hatched out of 40 at lockdown. Almost all of the remaining eggs had fully formed chicks that did not survive to pip. The surviving chicks hatched on days 19 and 20, so I also had an issue with the temp running a little high.

Changes for Round 2:
I have a Spot Check thermometer/hygrometer arriving today for better monitoring.
Dry incubating.

Sounds like good adjustments. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

Changes for Round 2:
Dry incubating.

I look forward to us hatching with our adjustments. I have high hopes for both of us.

Back
Top Bottom