January 2020 Hatch along

Pics
I pulled another 5 eggs from this batch of eggs :barnie

Does anyone else run into the issue of others eggs not incubating as good as yours or am I the only one?

I had blood rings and some infertile ones.

Wondering if I should add some more of mine in and I'll just put them in an egg carton when I pull out the turner.

And it's a wrap.

last 3 eggs quit and gave up.

Here is the 7 that made it. I can't wait to see what color pattern is going to emerge from this lot. Such a mix of colors.

Silverruds Blue aka Isbar
View attachment 2001354

Woooooohooooo! Is that a splash in the back of the group?!?! Splash Silverudds are my FAVORITE!!!!! They often seem way more flash than most breeds.

The eggs that weren't doing the greatest are the free ones that I got. Of course they aren't using the eggs for fertile eggs, they just eat them.

Also they didn't really know how to care for fertile eggs and I had to explain it. English is also not their first language so maybe there was a miscommunication between us.

I pulled another 5 eggs from this batch of eggs :barnie

Does anyone else run into the issue of others eggs not incubating as good as yours or am I the only one?

I had blood rings and some infertile ones.

Wondering if I should add some more of mine in and I'll just put them in an egg carton when I pull out the turner.
Oh gosh yes. Any transportation at all can cause havoc in the eggs. It’s usually a lot LESS of a gamble to get them locally, but it’s still a gamble.

sorry you had trouble with those!

Oh gosh yes. Any transportation at all can cause havoc in the eggs. It’s usually a lot LESS of a gamble to get them locally, but it’s still a gamble.

sorry you had trouble with those!
I have 12 fertile eggs from my farm that I am thinking about putting into the incubator because I know that those will hatch.

I also think that one of the eggs is from the Polish and I'm hoping that it's fertile because I would love to have more Polish chickens. She's been mating with HeiHei who is a silver sebright. I can't imagine how gorgeous their combo would be.

I have 12 fertile eggs from my farm that I am thinking about putting into the incubator because I know that those will hatch.

I also think that one of the eggs is from the Polish and I'm hoping that it's fertile because I would love to have more Polish chickens. She's been mating with HeiHei who is a silver sebright. I can't imagine how gorgeous their combo would be.
Omg I’d be setting EVERY one of those polish/sebright eggs how exciting!!!!

Omg I’d be setting EVERY one of those polish/sebright eggs how exciting!!!!
She's a golden polish. Funny thing is... She's not laying the eggs in the nesting box, she just drops them wherever. Yesterday she laid it on the ramp coming out of the coop :lau

She was never handled before we got her and she is slowly warming up to me.

When she got attacked by a bird of prey I had to inspect her and she did not like that. She scratched my hand up so bad. After that she realized I'm a good person and just trying to help.

I'd almost call her a feral chicken.

She's a golden polish. Funny thing is... She's not laying the eggs in the nesting box, she just drops them wherever. Yesterday she laid it on the ramp coming out of the coop :lau

She was never handled before we got her and she is slowly warming up to me.

When she got attacked by a bird of prey I had to inspect her and she did not like that. She scratched my hand up so bad. After that she realized I'm a good person and just trying to help.

I'd almost call her a feral chicken.
She sounds fabulous! ;)

Back
Top Bottom