January 2020 Hatch along

Pics
I was just gifted 10 fertile bantam eggs this morning. He said they were warm under his hen when he grabbed them this morning. Don’t know what to do?! At work, can’t go home. Nothing is very warm in the shop here. Worst part, no room in the incubators! Has anyone ever double stacked before? Should I try for fun? View attachment 2001443 View attachment 2001445
Mind me asking what incubator that is?

I bought it online. Chinese brand with no labeling. Holds 48.

I should add... it actually works well. Just can’t trust the numbers on the machine. At all.
Yes, I have a model just like that. It didnt do great with me. Always had 1/3 hatch and the rest die in the shell... I figured the numbers and meters were off, but didn't get any other thermometers or hydrometers to help me. I still have it but not sure if I wanna keep trying to make it work? Wish you luck on it!

I would keep it. Just ignore the readings it’s giving you. Unless you get a Brinsea, then it’s not worth keeping. I’ll find the info on the thermometer that I bought which was calibrated and was spot on. The hygrometer was spot on when calibrated as well. For both it was under $20.

Yes, I have a model just like that. It didnt do great with me. Always had 1/3 hatch and the rest die in the shell... I figured the numbers and meters were off, but didn't get any other thermometers or hydrometers to help me. I still have it but not sure if I wanna keep trying to make it work? Wish you luck on it!
I would keep it and just don't trust the readings. Use real thermometers and hygrometers.
The Chinese one can't be any worse than a LG incubator. I call them embryo executioners. Random wide temperature swings are common. At least with the two I've used. I still have one but only use it if I have to store some mid term eggs for a few hours.
I use a fish tank glass thermometer and a hygrometer from Walmart. Both together were under $10. I never trust my incubators readings.
No offense but I wouldn't trust those either. Fish tank thermo is only supposed to be within +/- 2F. That isn't close enough for incubation.
And I don't trust anything Walmart carries.
For $6 you can get a real analog hygrometer from a humidor co. And for $30 you can get a thermometer guaranteed to be accurate to +/- 0.9F.

Last edited:
I would keep it and just don't trust the readings. Use real thermometers and hygrometers.
The Chinese one can't be any worse than a LG incubator. I call them embryo executioners. Random wide temperature swings are common. At least with the two I've used. I still have one but only use it if I have to store some mid term eggs for a few hours.

No offense but I wouldn't trust either of those either. Fish tank thermo is only supposed to be within +/- 2F. That isn't close enough for incubation.
For $6 you can get a real analog hygrometer from a humidor co. And for $30 you can get a thermometer guaranteed to be accurate to +/- 0.9F.

I've used both and both were recommended by someone who has been incubating fir over 20 years.

Walmart isn't a bad place and not everything they sell is junk. I like Walmart and I've never had issues.

All of mine were calibrated and work amazing.

90% hatch rate every time to those that make it to lockdown. I usually only have 1 egg that doesn't hatch.

I have experience with it so an opinion of someone hasn't used them doesn't sway how I feel.

No offense but I wouldn't trust either of those either. Fish tank thermo is only supposed to be within +/- 2F. That isn't close enough for incubation.
My hygrometer is a really nice digital one that I calibrated myself.

A glass mercury thermometer is more accurate than most things you can find. It's the design of the original thermometer that worked flawlessly. I trust that design more than a $30 thermometer

Because of this site, my very first hatch went well. All because I had my own thermometer and hygrometer that I calibrated and tested multiple times. Both incubators were off in one way or another.

You get what you pay for in most cases. Just check and double check that the devises you are using are accurate. Before each incubator load, I test them again.

Because of this site, my very first hatch went well. All because I had my own thermometer and hygrometer that I calibrated and tested multiple times. Both incubators were off in one way or another.

You get what you pay for in most cases. Just check and double check that the devises you are using are accurate. Before each incubator load, I test them again.
I have a farm innovator 4250. I love it. I can't even complain about it.

Back
Top Bottom